Got it ----- parts of california aint so bad--------

This is a discussion on Got it ----- parts of california aint so bad-------- within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Sheriffs Office called today to inform me that my CCW permit was ready for me to pickup. Despite what you might have heard about ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Got it ----- parts of california aint so bad--------

Got it ----- parts of california aint so bad--------

The Sheriffs Office called today to inform me that my CCW permit was ready for me to pickup. Despite what you might have heard about California some Sherrifs are pro 2A and are allowing law abiding citizens the right to CC.

I applied approx. 90 days ago. Everyone that I interacted with at the S. O. was very professional and polite. I can't say enough good things about our Sherrif.

I would also like to thank everyone on this forum, I have learned alot since joining.
    ironmike86 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I for one would really like to hear what part of Kalifornia you are located in. it would be interesting to find out where the level headed and non anti-gun folks in that state are located.

Congrats and welcome to the club!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I looked at some of Cali's gun laws. It is not that strict like NY or NJ where you have to even get a firearms transportation license to even bring a gun there. You can still transport firearms to the state as long as it is unloaded, locked up, and separate from the ammunition. Long guns are not required to be registered but semiautomatic rifles (must be AWB compliant), handguns (no hi-capacity mags not allowed), and special type shotguns have to be registered within 60 days of taking residency in the state. Also, congrats on being one of the lucky few Californians to get a CC permit.

Congrats!! What county are you in?
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Now go carry in Orange County and go to jail! --

I gotta ask one question,is your Concealed carry license good for the entire state,or is it good for just the County it is issued in ? Because IMHO if you can't carry outside the County it is issued in then your Rights are still being trampled on,so if that's the case, then you might feel like you won the lottery,but there wasn't any cash in it.Not to mention if you actually need to defend yourself,to what extent must you bend over before you can legally stop the threat without looking at some prosecutor filing manslaughter charges against you.
    babarock likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The permit is recognized in the ENTIRE state. Many other states also honor it as well, dont want to list them all now. By the way, I was chatting with a deputy sheriff from a neighboring county yesterday concerning CC. He told me that I would be surprised by the number of people that CC in his county. He told there are many in his county.

Does it allow you to carry in every other county in Commiefornia?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yes supt., I'm legal in every county.

I think Hawaii is the only state where permits are limited to the county of issue.

But then, no one in HI gets permits.

(I might be wrong about that, wouldn't be the first time.)
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Congrats on getting your permit, I hope you always have it and never need it. Despite all of anti-calilfornia comments by a lot of us here (myself included) most of us do realize there are a lot of good people in the state and some pretty decent places within. I don't know if it would ever be possible to turn the tide politically in that state with all of the corruption, but that is what needs to happen, that or so many people move out of state that california loses all of it's political power.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I would love to see some kind of map created showing the various counties in CA and which ones are in practice shall-issue and may-issue. I don't live there, but it might help a lot of the folks who do.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by goldmaster View Post
    The Sheriffs Office called today to inform me that my CCW permit was ready for me to pickup. Despite what you might have heard about California some Sherrifs are pro 2A and are allowing law abiding citizens the right to CC.

I applied approx. 90 days ago. Everyone that I interacted with at the S. O. was very professional and polite. I can't say enough good things about our Sherrif.

I would also like to thank everyone on this forum, I have learned alot since joining.
    Until they start recognizing other states permits, and US Citizens rights to keep and bear arms, California is THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I would love to see some kind of map created showing the various counties in CA and which ones are in practice shall-issue and may-issue. I don't live there, but it might help a lot of the folks who do.

Hahah.. Thanks for the map. So from what I can see, most of the urban areas of CA are pretty much no-issue. That stinks.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links