carry around anti gun family

This is a discussion on carry around anti gun family within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I typically try to stay away from their house, and see them other places instead because of the gun issue. This time I had to ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: carry around anti gun family

I typically try to stay away from their house, and see them other places instead because of the gun issue. This time I had to drop off some paperwork for them and got asked to stay for supper. I am moving across the country in the fall and would like to be able to see them without the arguments or tension during the time that I will still be living in the same area, but I guess we can't all get what we want.

2. Remove Ads

actually yes, well I tried to get her to see someone because that should not make sense in a logical human mind, but that didn't work, and I don't want to get her committed to a full out insane asylum.
    Outer_Heaven likes this.

My family is not anti-gun (many of us go shooting together), but some of my co-workers and customers are.

My solution is to just be discreet. I don't worry about my shirt riding up, or bulges, or a bump frisk, because I pocket carry most of the time. A PM9 in the right pocket, and a LCP in the left. Problem solved.
    Sfire likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by archie72490 View Post
    actually yes, well I tried to get her to see someone because that should not make sense in a logical human mind, but that didn't work, and I don't want to get her committed to a full out insane asylum.
    I was being somewhat sarcastic. But yes, I think you should encourage her more to see a counselor. One who won't bring political bias into play, given from what I have seen the majority of people in the psychology field seem to be quite liberal.

thanks for the replies. I guess this is just something that comes with the territory that might or might not get worked out over time, and there's nothing I can do to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by archie72490 View Post
    Florida has the "Baker Act" and it can be your friend.

Most of my immediate family knows that I carry all the time. My sister in law is such an anti she won't even let my brother possess a gun in the home. Needless to say, she has never been clued in to the fact that I carry.

I also don't let my young nephews know that I carry because quite frankly their knowing has more of a chance for negative consequences.

What I do is carry around her and in her home and never let her know. It isn't going to hurt her.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Most of my immediate family knows that I carry all the time. My sister in law is such an anti she won't even let my brother possess a gun in the home. Needless to say, she has never been clued in to the fact that I carry.

I also don't let my young nephews know that I carry because quite frankly their knowing has more of a chance for negative consequences.

What I do is carry around her and in her home and never let her know. It isn't going to hurt her.
    after this I will definitely be extra careful not to let any other family or friends find out.
    and Roll Tide by the way, rammer jammer yellow hammer give em hell Alabama
    rammerjammer likes this.

My ENTIRE family (wife's side, too) are pretty much anti's.
    I couldn't care less, I carry or I don't go. Most of them think I'm a stubborn, Type-A, determined kind of a guy...they say nothing about my being armed...it never comes up for discussion.

I'll bet the family rules will change as you get older and have a family to protect, and you decide that your family comes 'protected' or doesn't come at all.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

tell her to sftu! what kind of sister doesnt support her sibling?! tell her just cause she's ok with being a victim doesnt mean u are!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

So, if for whatever reason the police happen to show up at your folk’s home, would they insist that the officers disarm? I am thinking no, in that case I would not disarm and would tell them so and if they still have a problem with it, stop visiting they will change. In the mean time educate them on firearms.

It's too late for you, but this a great reminder to the rest of us what concealed really means. To me, it has to be 100% or it doesn't count. Once the genie is out there's no putting it back.

Originally Posted by archie72490
    Do any of yall have anti gun family, and how do you deal with carrying around them?
    After supper my sister (15yrs old and learning to drive) wanted to go somewhere, and drive to show off her new skills. I moved my car out to the street and out of the way of their cars and naturally re-holstered since we were going out. when we got back my sister wanted me to come in but I said I couldn't. (she knew I wasn't busy tonight and figured out right away that I was carrying) well that set her off and she got incredibly angry that I carried when she was around.
    I would have turned on my diplomatic charm and apologized for putting her in that position. I would then point out to her that she should consider what happened that day as notification in the future that you will be armed when not inside their home.
    It is now up to her to decide on her actions should she want to be in your company in the future.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    She's a CHILD - YOU are an ADULT - If she was treated like the child she IS she wouldn't backtalk to ADULTS.
    So true. But try not to make it obvious. CANT comes to mind.

My brother and I have a very strained relationship and I try and not talk to his wife other than exchanging pleasantries. She's a s far LEFT as possible, he trends in her direction. For the once or twice I'm at their house every year, the piece goes in the car safe. If we're out together somewhere or at my father's home, I have it on my person at all times. But they don't know or don't want to know. They know I'm an avid hunter and probably know I have a CCW. They have absolutely no idea the collection I've built. My children will never spend the night there and his children will not be at my home. (They would brainwash mine, I'd corrupt his)
    jim

To put it bluntly, to all those that believe in hiding, exposure is the only way America is going to learn that guns are not bad. And it starts at home.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links