Best (good) gun movies where CCW has been used..

This is a discussion on Best (good) gun movies where CCW has been used.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every now and then i see a movie where guns have been worn properly and used effectively. The top two movies that come to my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best (good) gun movies where CCW has been used..

Best (good) gun movies where CCW has been used..

Every now and then i see a movie where guns have been worn properly and used effectively.

The top two movies that come to my mind are
    1. Way of the Gun
    2. Collateral

In The Way of the Gun Ryan Phillipe (sp?) and Benicio DelTororo where 1911 variants in a IWB holster. The holster looks a lot like the Galco Summer Carry...then again, a lot of companies make a holster that looks like that, but you get my drift.

I\'m fascinated by them wearing in a IWB holster because i\'ve never seen a movie where this type of holster was used. And on a side note, i was very impressed by the fingers off the trigger in this movie, when needed.

Secondly, in the movie Collateral Tom Cruise packs his gun (think it was a Walther P99?) at 4\'oclock. He had good stance when shooting and his gun wasn\'t in some weirdo holster in a crossdraw postion i commonly see people in suits wear in gun movies.

I like it that they didn\'t make him wear his gun in a goofy crossdraw holster located at 11\'oclock for the sake of showing the audience the gun.

I know we have all seen guns in movies worn in positions on the hip that just make little sense and are postitioned in less then suitable holsters.

2. Remove Ads

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    way of the gun was good.

tom cruise in collateral wasn\'t wearing a belt.

He wasn\'t? Hmmmmm, i must reinvestigate that movie.

Paddle holster with really tight pants at the hip perhapes?

DC Founder
    Hopefully I have the Collateral DVD under the Christmas tree. As a rule I don\'t like Tom Cruise but for some reason I like a lot of his movies. Collateral was one of them I did like. I want the movie to advance frame by frame through the part where he shoots the two guys in the alleay outside of the apartments. It happened too fast for me to analyze it very well.

That was an HK USP in Collateral. Seems like it was in an OWB paddle holster when he popped the two guys stealing his stuff, then later in the movie I think it turned into an IWB. I\'ve only seen it once, and even then I needed sleep, so of course I may be wrong on one or more things.

Way of the Gun is one of my favorites and is in my collection. Just added Collateral to it also.

>>I like it that they didn\'t make him wear his gun in a goofy crossdraw holster located at 11\'oclock for the sake of showing the audience the gun>>

I almost always carry in a crossdraw 11 o\'clock position - is that considered bad? For me it seems like the fastest, easiest way and most concealable.

DC Founder
    I would like to carry that way sometimes but unfortunately don\'t dress in such a way that I could conceal my 1911 in 11 o\'clock crossdraw. I think he probably carried the way he was trained. On cable I saw a 15 minute \"Making of Collateral\" that showed Cruise getting his training before the movie. Up to the point he made that movie he said that he had never shot a real handgun. His trainer (I forget his name) was a former SAS guy. It showed him some very close CQB drills on the range. All of the sound effects were real guns that they commented they wanted the realism of high quality recording instead of just blanks fired on a set.

I love the way of the Gun. I am one of the few people I know who can Say I saw it at the theater.

DC Founder
    I guess I am going to have to get Way of the Gun, I haven\'t seen it. Probably because it hasn\'t been on cable yet?

I did get Collateral for Christmas tonight along with The Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy and Open Range.

Hmmm Open Range....i might have to check that movie out. Seems like a good gun movie?

IMO Open Range is one of the best westerns ever made..:kay:

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Seventhsword
    IMO Open Range is one of the best westerns ever made..:kay:
    It is my favorite (recent) western movie. IMO it is probably as close to what those times were really like. If you haven\'t seen it, it is well worth the rental.

Not a movie, but on NCIS last year a woman was attacked in her front yard. She got knocked down and pulled a small revolver out of her purse and wounded the guy. This scene happened in TN, and the dialog later affirmed that she was a licensed CCW. Coming from CBS, that was quite a breakthrough.

Man on Fire w/Denzel Washington???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links