Mall Parking Lot posting (WI)

This is a discussion on Mall Parking Lot posting (WI) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dwebs262 At Fox River Mall, in Appleton, WI, they made a half hearted attempt to post a no weapons sign, on the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mall Parking Lot posting (WI)

Quote Originally Posted by dwebs262 View Post
    At Fox River Mall, in Appleton, WI, they made a half hearted attempt to post a no weapons sign, on the 2 outer most doors in a row of 6. Makes me wonder if I buy a gun at Scheels am I violating the law by walking out to my car?

Good point, today i went into U.S.Bank on the southside of Appleton. i was carrying and forgot to even look for a sign. To my surprise, on my way out noticed no signs at all. Go figure that its cool to enter a bank carrying.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post
    Good point, today i went into U.S.Bank on the southside of Appleton. i was carrying and forgot to even look for a sign. To my surprise, on my way out noticed no signs at all. Go figure that its cool to enter a bank carrying.
    I have been to 2 M&I banks and was pleasantly surprised to see no signs as well. Wonder if it will hold when the Canadians finish the take over.

My interpretation is that it is pretty much an advanced warning for the mall building itself.

I didn't realize there were people from my area on here. Cool! Appleton (and surrounding area) give me a shout if you would want to get together for a range day.
    marko54 likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    My interpretation is that it is pretty much an advanced warning for the mall building itself.

I didn't realize there were people from my area on here. Cool! Appleton (and surrounding area) give me a shout if you would want to get together for a range day.
    As soon as it warms up count me in! Froze my fingers last week at twin Cities range.

Range

Don't freeze outside when you can go to an indoor range in Lomira. Midwest shooters supply has a great indoor range only 5 lanes but went on tuesday and had no problem shooting. Only 1 other person was there when we started. Great ventilation as well. Highly recommend it. As far as carrying goes, if they take away our right by putting up a sign that says no firearms allowed, and the state DOES NOT grant them immunity against any lawsuits that may arise from posting such a sign, do we still not technically have the upper hand and right to carry? I mean if I go in there and could have legally protected myself with my carry weapon and difused a situation wouldn't that be a good thing? However, if I obey their sign and then get hurt when I could have protected myself I can legally sue for taking my right away and the state of wisconsin will NOT stick up for the business because it doesn't grant them immunity for taking the rights of the people away. Yes it is up to the business, but it's almost going to take a severe situation, like the one at the movie theatre in colorado, to be diffused by someone who didn't obey that sign but took a gunmen out to protect everyone else before anyone realizes the good versus the bad. Anyways that's just a rant.

Quote Originally Posted by pwarning81 View Post
    Don't freeze outside when you can go to an indoor range in Lomira. Midwest shooters supply has a great indoor range only 5 lanes but went on tuesday and had no problem shooting. Only 1 other person was there when we started. Great ventilation as well. Highly recommend it.
    There is a nice new range in Green Bay (Bellevue) also. Family Shooting Academy

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    This is the part of WI law I am waiting for someone to use if a place is posted and someone comes in with a firearm like in the CO theater. If they don’t post they are immune from liability. But what happens if they post? I think they are stating they are 100% responsible for your safety then. It will make an interesting case if or when it happens.

Wisconsin Statute 175.60 Concealed Carry Law
    (21) Immunity.
    (a) The department of justice, the department of transportation, and the employees of each department; clerks, as defined in sub. (11) (a) 1. a., and their staff; and court automated information systems, as defined under sub. (11) (a) 1. b., and their employees are immune from liability arising from any act or omission under this section, if done so in good faith.
    (b) A person that does not prohibit an individual from carrying a concealed weapon on property that the person owns or occupies is immune from any liability arising from its decision.
    (c) An employer that does not prohibit one or more employees from carrying a concealed weapon under sub. (15m) is immune from any liability arising from its decision.
    (d) A person providing a firearms training course in good faith is immune from liability arising from any act or omission related to the course if the course is one described in sub. (4) (a).
    History: 2011 a. 35; s. 13.92 (1) (bm) 2.
    Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law. Hinkston. Wis. Law. July 2012.
    steffen likes this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Myk
    Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post
    Almost every employee of the bank I use took their CC class with the same instructor I use, and they carry at work. Bad choice to try anything at my bank!

All I can say is i am happy that the imfamous ALDI's in my neighbourhood (the one with the first CC shooting incident in Wisconsin), has finally removed the no gun posting.

I carry into the bank every Friday. I took my class with a guy from the same bank but a different branch. You'd probably be surprised at how many bank personnel carry.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    This is the part of WI law I am waiting for someone to use if a place is posted and someone comes in with a firearm like in the CO theater. If they don’t post they are immune from liability. But what happens if they post? I think they are stating they are 100% responsible for your safety then. It will make an interesting case if or when it happens.

(21) Immunity.
    (a) The department of justice, the department of transportation, and the employees of each department; clerks, as defined in sub. (11) (a) 1. a., and their staff; and court automated information systems, as defined under sub. (11) (a) 1. b., and their employees are immune from liability arising from any act or omission under this section, if done so in good faith.
    (b) A person that does not prohibit an individual from carrying a concealed weapon on property that the person owns or occupies is immune from any liability arising from its decision.
    (c) An employer that does not prohibit one or more employees from carrying a concealed weapon under sub. (15m) is immune from any liability arising from its decision.
    (d) A person providing a firearms training course in good faith is immune from liability arising from any act or omission related to the course if the course is one described in sub. (4) (a).
    Would this part of the law apply to the recent shooting in Brookfield?

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    If the Salon was posted No Firearms then it would be a great case I believe. If they posted it then I believe they are saying they are 100% responsible for your safety while on their property and the law does not protect them from liability then. The law states you are immune if you don't post or don't tell your employees they can't carry.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

StarPD45
    Funny thing about our local mall. Some of the outer doors have signs, but not all. But Sears, which is one of the anchor stores does not. (4 outside entrances to the store) Since Sears would be about the only reason I would go there, I don't worry about it. I have never noticed any signs in the parking lot.
    As to my local bank, I carry every time. They don't have signs, and I don't expect them to ever add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    There is a nice new range in Green Bay (Bellevue) also. Family Shooting Academy
    i welded all the angle iron for their lanes.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    This is the part of WI law I am waiting for someone to use if a place is posted and someone comes in with a firearm like in the CO theater. If they donít post they are immune from liability. But what happens if they post? I think they are stating they are 100% responsible for your safety then. It will make an interesting case if or when it happens.

(21) Immunity.
    I actually consulted my attorney about this ( we were talking about other stuff and this came up, I didn't seek him out just for this.). He's under the thinking that its implied that the business could be held liable. It doesn't explicitly state it in the law but it would make a mighty good defense in court.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links