Justice Breyer robbed by machete-wielding intruder

This is a discussion on Justice Breyer robbed by machete-wielding intruder within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Justice Breyer Robbed By Machete-wielding Intruder At West Indies Vacation Home | Fox News do you think this would sway his opnion a bit more ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Justice Breyer robbed by machete-wielding intruder

Justice Breyer robbed by machete-wielding intruder

Justice Breyer Robbed By Machete-wielding Intruder At West Indies Vacation Home | Fox News

do you think this would sway his opnion a bit more tward the pro gun view?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    Justice Breyer Robbed By Machete-wielding Intruder At West Indies Vacation Home | Fox News

It happened outside the USA. Therefore even if he had a license it would likely have done him no good.

I do think we need to provide Secret Service protection for quite a few high officials who don't now have it. Assassination of a Justice or murder by a common criminal, would severely upset our political system. I'd endorse protection for them and for about half a dozen members of both The House and The Senate. It is necessary, sadly.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

He was at his vacation home outside the US. I don't think that security should be provided for that type of activity. His choice to own property and vacation there. His responsibility.

The court can work without one or two members. So can the house and senate.

I do not think it will change his views on 2A however.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

They need more machete-control laws. Obviously.

PatAz, WD54241, ep1953 and 2 others like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Now Justice Breyer knows why we have the second amendment - So we can teach BGs not to bring Machetes to a gun fight........
    64zebra likes this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

We can only hope that this robbery may sway his opinion towards gun rights.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Well, at least he knows what it feels like to be a victim. Hope he didn't enjoy it.
    paching, nerdyvirgin and 64zebra like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I do think we need to provide Secret Service protection for quite a few high officials who don't now have it.
    Justices of the Supreme Court are already provided protective details by the US Supreme Court Police.

See here:
    Supreme Court Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Supreme Court Police - another police force in D.C. What's that bring to total to, leventy-seven or so?

OK, here's a big list!
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

My point was that it was a home invasion style of robery. Yes it hapened outside the US but that does not mean that ones experance of going through it stopes when they return the the court to hear cases. I hope this sways hime a bit more tward the freadome side and not the control everything direction.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    Nope, if anything he'll push for a ban on those vicious "black assault" machetes.
    PatAz likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It is the opinion of this court that machetes do not fall under the protection of the Second Amendment and therefore are outlawed...
    PatAz likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I doubt it will impact his poistion on 2A. Ginsburg was mugged in DC in 1996, didn't change her opinion. Suter was assaulted in 2004 in DC, I know he is now gone, but it did not change his outlook. I have no reason to believe that it will change Breyer's either.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

It happened outside the USA. Therefore even if he had a license it would likely have done him no good.

I do think we need to provide Secret Service protection for quite a few high officials who don't now have it. Assassination of a Justice or murder by a common criminal, would severely upset our political system. I'd endorse protection for them and for about half a dozen members of both The House and The Senate. It is necessary, sadly.
    Sadly, I must agree with you. It only seem to be common sense. We are stupidly awaiting a serious upset to our system without such protection in place.

You don't think a couple of these guys could pony up the cash for a body guard? Secret service eats a lot of resources... I don't know if they are that detrimental to the system - or if they are a high enough priority to warrant that kind of protection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links