Carrying the Kahr CW9

Carrying the Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Carrying the Kahr CW9 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all: I am new to this site. I would greatly welcome any brand name/model holster suggestions for the Kahr CW9. I do not typically ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrying the Kahr CW9

Hello all:

I am new to this site. I would greatly welcome any brand name/model holster suggestions for the Kahr CW9. I do not typically use IWB holters, though I am open to ideas. I typically use a Fobus paddle holster and a belt slide for my previous carry solutions. Thanks to all with suggestions.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

I have several of these IWB's for different firearms.
    FIST, INC.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry my cw9 in Mitch Rosen paddle holsters and iwb holster. The workmanship and fit of these holsters is beautiful. He makes right and left handed models.

My wife has been carrying hers in a leather/kydex hybrid beltslide that I made her.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

My problem with the Fobus is that fit is a hit-or-miss proposition. The one I got for the CW9 had on OK fit; the one I got for the K40 had a death grip on the gun which was unacceptable. On top of that, they just are not a truly rugged holster... I use(d) mine for around the house carry, and that's all.

I prefer a paddle holster due to my need to mount and dismount the gun frequently during the work week. My current holster is a paddle from Wild Bill's Concealment. It's good, but not great... I'd give it a B+.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Silent Thunder holster with a paddle mount from Garret Industries (Garrett Industries, LLC Designers/Manufacturers of Custom Kydex and Leather Holsters and Tactical Gear). Holster is leather-lined Kydex plastic. Can be rotated to any angle. Screws adjust retention tightness. The leather lining makes inserting/drawing smooth and silent.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.

I use the Tucker Gun Leather "Cover up" for several of my guns. Holds the gun securely, and the big plus in my opinion, is the cant can be adjusted to fit your needs.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My favorite year-round carry combo is a Kahr P9 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC holster. Have a look:

Minotaur MTAC holster
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    i also use a comp-tac minotaur but the neutral model and carry in a 2:00 to a 2:15 position.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    i also use a comp-tac minotaur but the neutral model and carry in a 2:00 to a 2:15 position.
    AIWB with the neutral cant model was my first try with the Minotaur. I was unable to get use to appendix carry and adjusted the neutral cant holster to a forward cant and started wearing it just behind my hip (4:00-4:30?). After deciding that was about as good as it was going to get, I ordered the MTAC leather backing, converting the neutral cant holster to the standard MTAC configuration. I can't remember, now, why I thought that would be more satisfactory than the neutral cant holster adjusted to a forward cant? In any case, I can't imagine a better solution FOR ME. As always, YMMV.

kuduzu Guess thats why there more than a couple choices for us. I tried my son-in-laws 2:00 holster. And ordered on. Works well to but even with the mole skin added to it it does not have the nice soft leather to smooth out the edges but it carrys real well . I have my own now and I still find myself going back to the neutral!!. Atleast we have a holster company that makes a good product, just to darn many choices.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    kuduzu Guess thats why there more than a couple choices for us. I tried my son-in-laws 2:00 holster. And ordered on. Works well to but even with the mole skin added to it it does not have the nice soft leather to smooth out the edges but it carrys real well . I have my own now and I still find myself going back to the neutral!!. Atleast we have a holster company that makes a good product, just to darn many choices.
    I should have been clearer. What I could not get used to was appendix carry, not really the Minotaur Neutral Cant holster. I am a fan of the Minotaur products!

Sorry , I got the not getting use to the appendix carry. heck yea it does take some trial and error to find what works best. I have tried on and off for 26 years. and pocket carried most of it cause other positions were allways in the ways at work . or hurt my back driveing or clothing got hung up on the pistol or,or, AARRGG. Still pocket a cm9 but when the wife make me dress up the forword carry works better for me. Atleast for the last couple years. take care.

Nothing better than Crossbreed supertuck
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

My wife carries her CW9 in a Comp-Tac. When she carries she usually wears a cover garment of some sort, but even without most of the time only a very observant person could tell. She carries at about 4:30. I use a Supertuck for my M&P .40c.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links