Having a bit of a CC holster dilemma

This is a discussion on Having a bit of a CC holster dilemma within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So right now I have 2 holsters. I have a SERPA holster from Blackhawk that I use for being in the woods/hunting/carrying openly. But I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Having a bit of a CC holster dilemma

Having a bit of a CC holster dilemma

So right now I have 2 holsters.

I have a SERPA holster from Blackhawk that I use for being in the woods/hunting/carrying openly. But I don't want to carry openly in public so I need a concealed one.

Well, there are like no choices for a shoulder holster at Cabela's or Gander Mountain by me and I'm worried about getting one online and having it not fit me well or not fit the gun. I ended up getting this airsoft gun shoulder holster at Gander that a guy directed me to. It actually holds the gun pretty nice, but I don't care for how it fits on me. I returned it.

I then decided I'd get an OWB (I don't want IWB) that sat a bit higher so my gun would be more hidden under a shirt. Well I got some decent one for $35 but when I got home, I noticed it sat no higher really than my SERPA...so now I have to return THAT one too.

What reasonably-priced OWB holsters do you guys suggest? Preferably a clip on, so I can take it off easy when I get in the car.

What REASONABLY-PRICED shoulder holsters do you guys suggest? Many are sooo expensive. And I don't feel like spending over $30 for one (I know, that's cheap).

I carry a Ruger SR9 (which is kinda big to conceal in the first place)

2. Remove Ads

There's an entire section of this board dedicated to holsters and carry options.

BTW, your definition of reasonably-priced isn't very reasonable. You can get a cheap piece of crap shoulder rig or you can buy one that works and fits well.

Thanks for the help

These are two of the companies I use..Give them a look. If you need further help PM me....

Welcome to DeSantis Gunhide®. "We didn't invent concealment, we just perfected it." — DeSantis Holster

Vega Holster
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    These are two of the companies I use..Give them a look. If you need further help PM me....

Welcome to DeSantis Gunhide®. "We didn't invent concealment, we just perfected it." — DeSantis Holster

Vega Holster
    I'll check this out...thx

How do you see prices/shop on that Vega site? I can look at holsters, but then can't do anything from there.

Checkout Kangaroo Carry. It's a very good holster and very comfortable. I carry my S&W model 19 2.5" .357. Not the lightest gun around...31.5 oz.
    Some guys get hung up on this holster because you wear it just below the solarplexes so they get the feeling it's like a bra. I carry all day and at home.
    Have had this holster for a month and a half. Get the Air Marshall II, around $40 bucks. Very Comfortable and very concealed.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    How do you see prices/shop on that Vega site? I can look at holsters, but then can't do anything from there.
    Youll have to find a distributor, my LGS carries them. Find one you like and call around...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

You will need to spend more than $30 for a quality holster and belt. You should look at it as a system. You are not going to be happy with a cheap holster, what gun are you carrying?
    BkCo1 likes this.

ok, well kangaroo carry certainly has a HOT model for them..lol. but i'd rather not have something go across my stomach as I would like to use it with a coat that isn't always zipped up

wonder if it will hold the sr9

The problem with concealing a SERPA is that the paddle forces it out. To some point, all paddles push the holster out further than one that attaches directly to the belt. If you want a OWB holster that rides tight look into the beltslides. And while a few holsters can be had for the $30 range, most decent holsters start at the $40 range and go up. I've not paid less than $40 for a beltslide until I started making a few. This is a great beltslide and is the general basis for the ones I made. I wear them in the car with no real issues.

SnapSlide | Crossbreed Holsters - SnapSlide

If you want a cheap paddle look into the fobus paddles.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Cheap shoulder rigs suck! I found a used rig (Bianchi) for $10 bucks at a gunshow. It was already broke in. I just don't carry that gun that much. The Shooters Shop in West Allis (84th north of Oklahoma) has a bunch in stock and they will help you. If you find one you like you can search ebay for a used one. Maybe save a few bucks. they got an indoor range there so you can do a little shooting then shop.

VIP Member
    I would point you to High Noon for shoulder holsters, but you are about $130 shy of their pricing for the Undertaker and about $55 shy for the Underarmor units. They are great, fit well and hold the weapon nicely, but they are not giving them away. I have a couple Undertakers and they work great.

Unless you are very lucky, buying cheap will get you a box of unused holsters and you will eventually spend the $$$ for a quality holster. In the end, it is far cheaper to spend the $$$ up front and get a quality holster the first time. Ask me how I know...
    MadMac and First Sgt like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links