Body armor holster

This is a discussion on Body armor holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good day everyone. Well, I am officially a police officer. Also working a mandatory 60 hrs a week at the shop. So I have not ...

Thread: Body armor holster

Question Body armor holster

Good day everyone. Well, I am officially a police officer. Also working a mandatory 60 hrs a week at the shop. So I have not had time to get on or research topics. I am looking for a concealment holster for my body armor. So far I have seen the product my 10-24 and Crossbreed. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you, Eric
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations! I don't have enough of an opinion on holsters to matter though, sorry! Hopefully some of the LEO's will respond with experienced opinions.
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

Congrats. I wear a Kahr PM9 in a Maxpedition Universal CCW holster. $10 with no bulk and doesn't budge when secured with vest strap.

I think the Crossbreed Last Ditch would be a good choice as well.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Congratulations Eric. I can't help you out with your subject, but I wanted to say that.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

VIP Member
    congrats, welcome to the club

I'm assuming you're asking about a holster for your BUG
    I use a blackhawk/5.11 holster thats made for the 5.11 BBS (backup belt system)
    it has a rectangle of velcro that I use over the sides of my vest, basically holding the front/back together, then the velcro holster sticks on the rectangle, large vest strap goes around it, works like a charm, holds vest together so no slipping around, etc
    I don't have pics of my setup (will take some when I go back to work Friday and post here again)

here is a link to one so you can see what it looks like, holds my S&W 642 with no problems
    5.11 Tactical Holster Pouch is one of the most convenient and functional holster pouches available.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member
    I tried a couple and so fare I like the Uncle Mikes vest holster. It can sit outside of my vest straps to make reholstering easier after leaving a secure area. Like this:

I throw a couple of ideas at a fellow LEO who is making kydex holsters to see if he could come up with one for vest mount.

And congrats!
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

From one officer to another congrats! What you've read so far is good info. Stay safe.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Distinguished Member
    I just learned of this body armor holster: Model 4420 *Tranzit® Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters

Basically it replaces one of your side straps and it has a holster built into it.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Links