Rahm Emanuel in the news

Rahm Emanuel in the news

This is a discussion on Rahm Emanuel in the news within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What planet does this guy live on? STLtoday : Handgun proposal means Chicago mayor won't run for governor...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Rahm Emanuel in the news

Rahm Emanuel in the news

Well we can't say we didnt see that coming. Just when are the people of Chicago going to wake up? or is that asking to much?

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, the planet of Illinois. They keep electing their jailers. What do they expect?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

This is what happens when a whole state allows just one city and it's leaders to make policy. Chicago is so notorious for corruption, crime and having people be petty dictators pretty much for life. The Daley regime was a prime example. Perhaps Rahm is in the running for the next one.

My wife is from Springfield and most of the good citizens of Illinois outside of Chicago hate the city, it's leaders and how it runs their state. Unless ALL the population of Illinois "sees the light" and do something at the voting booth, this scenario will continue unabated.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

mel
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Unfortunately, the planet of Illinois. They keep electing their jailers. What do they expect?
    This is spot on!

Illinois is held hostage to the Chicago vote... There aren't enough people in the rest of the state to vote out the control of the state legislature... Majority population rules in this case. With no protection of the rights of the minority....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    All too often you get what you voted for...
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

We always do here in NJ...............our elected officials.

Unfortunately, those of us Illinoisans that live at the other end of the state are far outnumbered by the residents of Chicago.

Mike

VIP Member
    Please note that it is not a crime to be the target of a shake down by a criminal (The Governor). Ari Emanuel is a private citizen and
    impugning his integrity as done in this article is wrong.

As for Rahm, I don't agree with his stance on guns, but it is certainly his right to take whatever stance he wishes
    and forgo whatever other elected office that stance might keep him from.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Links