1st time

1st time

This is a discussion on 1st time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I carried for the first time today. I carried my M&P 9c in a remora holster. The best place for me to conceal is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1st time

1st time

So I carried for the first time today. I carried my M&P 9c in a remora holster. The best place for me to conceal is around 5 o'clock. Obviously I'll have to work on the draw from there, but is that a somewhat normal place to carry?
    ktulu92fs likes this.

I carry at about the 4 o'clock position. It all depends on what is comfortable for you.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

VIP Member
    If I carry my wallet in my right rear pocket it is hard to access. But that location is ok if I put my wallet someplace else. Try and go 4. Also if you have to drive or sit it is kinda in a bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer15 View Post
    So I carried for the first time today. I carried my M&P 9c in a remora holster. The best place for me to conceal is around 5 o'clock. Obviously I'll have to work on the draw from there, but is that a somewhat normal place to carry?
    Way to go.
    did you feel like everybody was staring at your waist? Perfectly normal if you did...
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

I actually did drive with it there and it wasn't that bad- for a short distance. I'm going to keep messing around with places.

Quote Originally Posted by yooperdug View Post
    Way to go.
    did you feel like everybody was staring at your waist? Perfectly normal if you did...
    I actually tried be as cool as I could. Getting out of the car was the most nerve racking part.

After a while you won't even know it's there...just like a wallet, watch, or ring.
    jem102 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Do what is comfortable for you
    jem102 likes this.

In my opinion experimenting with gun placement is one of the real beauties of the Remora holsters. I had one as my first holster and tried out appendix, crossdraw, strong side, all of which at many different places along my beltline. You can pretty much experiment with any holster position with a $25 holster. Now that I found a spot that I like I am using a King Tuk, and I honestly think that most people should have a holster that physically attaches to them, although many people here seem to really like Remora, but I would not use one all the time. YMMV.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

Ever since I bought a front pocket wallet (at Cebella's), my choice of where to wear my holster is way less problematic. I use to carry my wallet in my right, rear pocket.

I wear my holster at 4 o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    After a while you won't even know it's there...just like a wallet, watch, or ring.
    I'll add to what restupt99 sez and add: when you don't have it, you feel it missing from your wardrobe.

Kurt

sgb
    Skinny folk often fin 5 O'clock is the easiest position to carry and adequately conceal their firearm. Though it does have a slight disadvantage in your draw stroke ..... practice, practice, practice.

and ........ congrats
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I find IWB most comfortable at 4 o'clock/4:30, and OWB right at 3. Stating the obvious, everyone's builds, preferences, and comfort zones are different. Experiment, practice and be safe!

When I first started carrying, I was paranoid about printing or exposing the edge of my gun when bending or stooping or running. My friends noticed. They didn't notice my weapon, though. They said "Hey, is something wrong with your arm? Why are you keeping it so stiff?"

Ever since then I've learned to relax. :) Now nobody knows I'm carrying.
    "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies." -Lewis Grizzard

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

^^^YEP^^^^^

I am left handed and carry my 9c in a De Santis Cozy partner @8-9.
    My wallet usually goes in a coat pocket or carried into the car and then while out of vehicle in my from pocket.

Congratulations
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Congrats! My first carry was today, also. Sig P229, 9mm, in Nate^2 IWB @ 4:00. I've been waiting for my permit (45 days) and it arrived Friday. I carried to Bojangles and Lowe's.
    ktulu92fs likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links