No Guns Signs in Michigan?

This is a discussion on No Guns Signs in Michigan? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit. I look for "No Guns" signs on the business' I frequent as well as malls I visit. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: No Guns Signs in Michigan?

No Guns Signs in Michigan?

I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit. I look for "No Guns" signs on the business' I frequent as well as malls I visit. I have not seen any signs posted.
    Has anyone else in this area seen any?

2. Remove Ads

Have seen nothing in the Oakland/Macomb counties yet, and I look for them. Even at BW3's.

I have not seen any to speak of. Most people don’t seem to have a problem with carrying, if they do they don’t seem to advertize it.

Hey there from a fellow citizen of Rochester. I have not seen any signage in any business I have been to around this area, but I don't really look all that hard for them. The only places I have seen posted are PFZ's anyway.

Now, I know this can be a hotly debated topic but I'll give you my take on it. I carry everywhere I lawfully can. I feel that any place that is accessible to the public should not infringe on my rights. Key point here, accessible to the law abiding public. Now, actual private property is different. If it is not regularly accessible to the public, as in someones home, then my rights stop there. Signs carry no weight of law in MI so unless I'm told by a human being with the authority to say that I cannot carry in a particular place, I carry. If I am asked to leave, then I will certainly comply with a lawful request. If I did not, then I can be trespassed by LE.

That's just my take on it, YMMV.
    kmagnuss likes this.

Haven't seen a single sign up here in the Upper Peninsula. But, then again, it is the U.P. I was in Green Bay/Appleton, Wisconsin a few weeks ago and saw signs everywhere.

Here is a list of businesses that have/had gun buster signs...

MCRGO - Do Not Patronize while Armed
    oneshot likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

For years I traveled for work ( about 20 states), the only gun buster sign I can remember was in IN, at a chain motel ( Comfort Suites?) that I had a reservation at, stayed somewhere else

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I have to say that if I lived in that area I'd carry everywhere I possibly can.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by telechris74 View Post
    Haven't seen a single sign up here in the Upper Peninsula. But, then again, it is the U.P. I was in Green Bay/Appleton, Wisconsin a few weeks ago and saw signs everywhere.
    I'm in Houghton County and the only signs I've seen are already no carry places, like the child placing agency and the Social Security office. Private businesses couldn't care less.

Sucks to see GB/Fox Valley with their heads up their butts. I'm from there. The two places I went into were the bar for dinner with my parents (didn't carry because I had some beers) and the gas station that wasn't posted.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    You stole my words!
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Not as bad as you might think. Actually, once you get north of Detroit it is quite safe, and quite a nice area to live in. I only carry a handgun because I never expect any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    Not as bad as you might think. Actually, once you get north of Detroit it is quite safe, and quite a nice area to live in. I only carry a handgun because I never expect any trouble.
    north of Detroit puts you into Pontiac,Flint then Saginaw. quiet and safe?

Quote Originally Posted by yooperdug View Post
    Check that-"quite safe".Sorry.
    My folks live north and west of Flint.Flint and Saginaw are tough towns.

Quote Originally Posted by yooperdug View Post
    Those are the thorns betwixt the roses. The other 95% of SE Michigan is great.
    yooperdug likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    Those are the thorns betwixt the roses. The other 95% of SE Michigan is great.
    You are right.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links