• Glock

Votes: 137 50.0%
  • Sig sauer

Votes: 137 50.0%

Glock or sig

47K views 147 replies 90 participants last post by  sigmk25 
#1 ·
Hello

I don't want anything other than quality and reliability to have any consideration in your answer.

In other words I don't care how well you or I shoot ant of these guns just want your opinion is on quality and reliability.

Glock or sig sauer which is better as far as quality and reliability for a carry gun?

I know it is a pretty general ? but try not to read to much into it. Thanks

Just in case any one wants to know why I ask.
My son will be getting his permit soon and is working with a couple weapons glock/sig and is having a hard time deciding.
I have told him they are both equal so now I just all of your opinions.

I carry a 1911 or a sig.

#3 ·
I will preface this by admitting that I am not fond of Glocks, look or feel. I think Sig gives you more quality and both are extremely reliable. Much more aftermarket parts for Glocks and generally easier to work on. The Sig is heavier to carry, more expensive, and typically you get more capacity for a Glock. The forgotten Sig is their polymer Pro 2022. You can find this in 9mm or .40 for around $400. One of the best out of box triggers and Sig reliability discounted from an originally $800 gun due to contracts and new polymer guns. I think that "pride of ownership" will figure in for some and those will buy a Sig.

All that said you did not ask but I would go with H&K.

#33 ·
My current EDC is the Gen 4 Glock 23. If I'm not carrying it, I'm carrying a Gen 3 Glock 19.

Why do I like my Glocks? Here are some the reasons:

They are lightweight, thin (for a double stack magazine), extremely reliable, resistant to corrosion and rust, requires little maintenance, has significantly fewer parts than other semiautomatic pistols on the market (less things can break), low bore axis = lower felt recoil and the Gen 4 dual recoil spring reduces felt recoil further, parts are cheap and available making them easy to stock up on, etc.

Sig makes fine firearms, too, but I love my Glocks. :wink:

(One more thing: the "low" price of Glocks has allowed me to purchase a backup of both the Glock 23 and the Glock 19 for practice and/or replacement in the case of a problem with a main).

#5 ·
If I had to choose between those 2, Sig, without hesitation. I would always pick ___________(insert gun brand here) over a Glock.

As far as a favorite, I am not a polymer fan, so I have no favorites, but I used to own a couple XD45's, so I guess if I had to choose a favorite, the XD's would be it. 1911 for 45 or Browning Hi-Power for 9mm, but thats just me.

#7 ·
Sig

#8 ·
I voted Sig, but that is only because there wasn't a choice for: Other.

Depending on his needs and wants, either the 229 or 239.

#9 ·
You can't go wrong with either one since they are both extremely good and reliable weapons - pick the one you like best, is easiest for you to operate, and feels best in your hand. Remember it's a "tool", and proficiency with any tool is going to be how well it fits each individual's personal comfort and ease of operation - and not how it fits by public opinion.

#114 ·
You can't go wrong with either one since they are both extremely good and reliable weapons - pick the one you like best, is easiest for you to operate, and feels best in your hand. Remember it's a "tool", and proficiency with any tool is going to be how well it fits each individual's personal comfort and ease of operation - and not how it fits by public opinion.

^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have S&W M&P9c, Kel Tecp11, S&W 442, S&W 6906, S&W 6904, Dan Wesson 15-2VH 6in.
For EDC its usually the M&P.

It all boils down to if he wants to spend $700+ for a pistol, or $450 for one, save for the aforementioned sig2022.

Reactions: Spec
#12 ·
Personally, I like both for their reliability and ease of maintenance. As for quality of fit and finish, the newer Sigs I've seen recently don't really inspire me. I still like them, but for the money, and only using your criteria, I voted for Glock.

#14 ·
I voted Glock because that's what I carry. I have owned SIGs but Im not a collector, so I keep what I carry and/or use and for that purpose it's a Glock.

#19 ·
Glock...I like the reliability, simplicity and price. I own 2 - a 26 for carry and 17 for at home (although I often just carry the 26 at home with e 17 round magazine). I have found no reason to want anything else.

#21 ·
I believe the Sig is a better handgun however I carry a Glock G-19 or G-30( 9MM and 45 ). They had the Gen 3 Glocks on Sale for $450-$499 and that is much less than the Sig. Both would be very good reliable weapons. My hand fits the glock others do not. Handle them both side by side. I plan on getting a Sig P220 for my collection next. I don't think either is a bad choice.

#22 ·
Reliabilty is a huge indicator of quality, and both makes have had some issues. Because one is plastic and the other is steel is not an indicator of quality. I'd consider it a toss up, given the reliability of both. There are so many other factors to consider in carry weapon, such as weight, capacity, SA/DA/DAO, etc.

#27 ·
always an interesting question, my brother in law ( cop ) pushed for me to get a glock, but i did not like how it felt in my hand and did not like how it looked ( as if that matters) both are great firearms. I ended up with a Sig P226, love it, feels good to hold , looks great and I like to shoot it.
Maybe have him rent both and shoot a few hundred rounds on each and see what feels good.
I carry mine IWB, but it is big, and can irritate me at times, sitting on long drives in a big issue.
SIG is well worth the price.
Hope he enjoys whatever he ends up with, and who really cares what we all think, his choice!

#28 ·
Glock, I carry a 23 and a 27. Just picked up a 30. They just work. They are accurate and easy to shoot. I love Sig's too. You should have added Highpoints to the survey so you could see some real hate.

#29 ·
Glock for these reasons: cheaper to buy, cheaper to fix, safe, reliable, and has interchangeable mags (I don't know about sigs).

#30 ·
I prefer the Glock. The fact is that the Sig is nice, but if your son can master the Glock then he will be happy. The fact is that it is nice not to have to worry about the DA/SA trigger pull. Not to mention the fact that it is lighter and easier to carry all day. Not to mention the fact that it has the ability to be customized easier than the Sig. But the fact is the Sig is a great gun, I recommend either. I am just a Glock fan now for many reasons. The gun is lighter, it can share magazines with the other Glock models (of the same caliber), and it is accurate and very reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.