Glock or sig

This is a discussion on Glock or sig within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I don't want anything other than quality and reliability to have any consideration in your answer. In other words I don't care how well ...

View Poll Results: Pick one

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock

135 49.63%
  • Sig sauer

137 50.37%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Glock or sig

Glock or sig

Hello

I don't want anything other than quality and reliability to have any consideration in your answer.

In other words I don't care how well you or I shoot ant of these guns just want your opinion is on quality and reliability.

Glock or sig sauer which is better as far as quality and reliability for a carry gun?

I know it is a pretty general ? but try not to read to much into it. Thanks

Just in case any one wants to know why I ask.
    My son will be getting his permit soon and is working with a couple weapons glock/sig and is having a hard time deciding.
    I have told him they are both equal so now I just all of your opinions.

I carry a 1911 or a sig.

2. Remove Ads

glocks are lighter. sigs are better in most other ways, from what I can tell.

I will preface this by admitting that I am not fond of Glocks, look or feel. I think Sig gives you more quality and both are extremely reliable. Much more aftermarket parts for Glocks and generally easier to work on. The Sig is heavier to carry, more expensive, and typically you get more capacity for a Glock. The forgotten Sig is their polymer Pro 2022. You can find this in 9mm or .40 for around $400. One of the best out of box triggers and Sig reliability discounted from an originally $800 gun due to contracts and new polymer guns. I think that "pride of ownership" will figure in for some and those will buy a Sig.

All that said you did not ask but I would go with H&K.

Every one go ahead and include the Fav gun of your choice to carry is like SCfromNY did it would be appreciated.

If I had to choose between those 2, Sig, without hesitation. I would always pick ___________(insert gun brand here) over a Glock.

As far as a favorite, I am not a polymer fan, so I have no favorites, but I used to own a couple XD45's, so I guess if I had to choose a favorite, the XD's would be it. 1911 for 45 or Browning Hi-Power for 9mm, but thats just me.

You're going to get glock haters in this thread, but pretty much everybody likes glocks. They're pretty sweet guns.

Sig
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    I voted Sig, but that is only because there wasn't a choice for: Other.

Depending on his needs and wants, either the 229 or 239.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You can't go wrong with either one since they are both extremely good and reliable weapons - pick the one you like best, is easiest for you to operate, and feels best in your hand. Remember it's a "tool", and proficiency with any tool is going to be how well it fits each individual's personal comfort and ease of operation - and not how it fits by public opinion.
    Fitch and soada101 like this.

It's a personal preference, and I prefer the best...Glock!
    First Sgt and rdpG19 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's a personal preference, and I prefer the best...Glock!
    Feel free to elaborate on why you think glock is the best?
    muttsrt likes this.

VIP Member
    Personally, I like both for their reliability and ease of maintenance. As for quality of fit and finish, the newer Sigs I've seen recently don't really inspire me. I still like them, but for the money, and only using your criteria, I voted for Glock.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Please,allow me to retort!Let's start by saying that I continue to carry Glock after seeing every other well known pistol including Sig 226 and 220's,fell in the sand,not including the maintenence that goes with,and lets not start on the DEVGRU Sigs,these will never make it into civilian hands,as they are destroyed after their commision is up,not surplused.I carriede a G21 in a Safariland drop leg,and a G26 in a Blackhawk on my plate carrier,these were not lubed do to how well lube attracts sand,the only other gun that even come close to the reliability without lube was the M9,only because it has the open slide,and yes my Glocks got used ,they were'nt just along for the ride,I've never seen any pistol as reliable as a Glock,even though the 2010 and up Gen3 and 4's have issues.This is not to say that I would'nt carry a Sig,I own 2 220'sE German with spur hammers,one with the european style mag release,but until I feel that there is something better,and, my Glocks let me down,I'll stick with Ugly and Reliable over Purty and expensive!
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    Feel free to elaborate on why you think glock is the best?

I voted Glock because that's what I carry. I have owned SIGs but Im not a collector, so I keep what I carry and/or use and for that purpose it's a Glock.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Sig is better quality, glocks are better concealed carry. Sigs generally cost a bit more but I think they are worth the cost
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links