My New Glock 36...

My New Glock 36...

This is a discussion on My New Glock 36... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from the range today. I went to take my first 'test drive' with my Glock 36. There were some concerns noted ...

Thread: My New Glock 36...

My New Glock 36...

I just got back from the range today. I went to take my first 'test drive' with my Glock 36. There were some concerns noted on this site about kick...and having a firm enough grip, etc.
    Well, I was very pleased with its performance.

I push 200 rounds through without a flaw. Except for the trigger (longer pull), it was about the same as my two Kimber's. It was not difficult to fire, double tap, kick was very manageable, and even with one hand...it was very controlled.

I really like the '36', and it will definitely be a CCW companion. I left the range and immediately went to the gun shop and had Trij night sights put on it (60 year old eyes and dim light don't mix well).

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am sooooo jealous! I want one of those soooo bad!

Glad to hear that you had a good session with it. I have been looking at them for quite a while. Thanks for the review.

I shot my buddies G36 a few weeks ago and loved it. It didn't have much more kick than my G19 with +p+ 9mm ammo. The one thing I noticed throughout the 100 rounds fired was that the slide did not always lock to the rear after the last round fired. This probably happened four or five times. My buddy experienced the same thing with it. And none of my other Glocks do this either.

But the G36 is an awesome weapon. I am considering it for my next carry weapon. I'm also considering the Kimber Ultra Carry II. But, I would like to shoot one first.

Lots of luck with your G36, retsup99.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    these are nice HGs and conceal well....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member
    Thanks for the report!

Administrator
    Thanks for the report. It's a fantastic little gun for its intended purpose. Unfairly maligned on some forums because it is so user specific.

Links