Street Robberies and You -- The Basics

This is a discussion on Street Robberies and You -- The Basics within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a story written by a guy and posted on another site. Too long to copy and paste here, but a great read definitely worth ...

Thread: Street Robberies and You -- The Basics

Here's a story written by a guy and posted on another site. Too long to copy and paste here, but a great read definitely worth your time.

2. Remove Ads

I didn't particularly care for this part:

"Chances are good you are a law abiding person except for maybe a little light weed smoking and maybe driving a little drunk every once in a while."

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post

"Chances are good you are a law abiding person except for maybe a little light weed smoking and maybe driving a little drunk every once in a while."
    Agree, Ponch. I didn't care for that part too much either. Chances are NOT I'm that kind of a person!

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Excellent Article by someone who knows da "Street". I was born and raised in Killadelphia and this is the best advice on city living I`ve seen. Very WELL Done!. You have had to be there to understand. Your life is worth Nothing there.

Well written and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by MS_Barrister View Post
    Agree, Ponch. I didn't care for that part too much either. Chances are NOT I'm that kind of a person!
    I'm not that kind of person either. But the rest of the article is not bad. Most of the LEs I know would tell you the same things.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Doc

VIP Member
    thread already posted on Feb. 8 of this year, here: Good read and info on what to do "IF"
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Good read. Thanks for posting. Yeah, his "you" is not me, but maybe it is the typical vic in his cases. Based on his description of his world, those may be the GGs.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Great Article, Accurate Advice

Last Sunday (2/19/2012) I was in the process of pumping gas when I saw 2 potential BG's approaching from behind. I immediately faced them, looked the closest one in the eye and reached in my jacket,ready to draw. The BG immediately made a left turn and started babbling about if my car was for sale. Of course I said NO in a forceful tone.
    Here is a classic example of why SA is so vital to assessing a situation. My main concern was my wife sitting in the car, totally unaware of anything going on.
    Good news is all went well with no shots fired.

Excellent article

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MS_Barrister View Post
    Here's a story written by a guy and posted on another site. Too long to copy and paste here, but a great read definitely worth your time.

Many of his observations about bandits and thugs mirror my own.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post

I took this as; at one time in our life, we've done a little of this (more of a phase), but no longer partake in said offences. Both are criminal acts, but doesn't label us as [career] criminals perse.

Links