A couple questions on out-of-state Florida permits

This is a discussion on A couple questions on out-of-state Florida permits within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm applying for my Florida concealed carry permit and I just went to the local police department to get fingerprinted. They don't use ink anymore, ...

Thread: A couple questions on out-of-state Florida permits

A couple questions on out-of-state Florida permits

I'm applying for my Florida concealed carry permit and I just went to the local police department to get fingerprinted. They don't use ink anymore, so it was done digitally and stored in their database. Will this qualify as using the LIVE SCAN? He gave me a printout of the card, which I will be sending along. I was wondering because the cost of processing the fingerprint card is an extra $42; I'm not sure whether to make the check out for $75 or $117.

The instructions also say that the the law enforcement agency where my prints were taken must be on the back top right corner. This wasn't printed out, so should I write this in by hand?

The police officer also didn't sign where it says "signature of official taking fingerprints", I assume I need to go back and get that signed?
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

2. Remove Ads

you better dot all your I's, cross all your T's because if that info is missing they will reject your app.

VIP Member
    I'd get the LEO's signature and have them stamp the department information in the area required while there.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I can't answer your questions, but here is the contact info for the Tampa regional office. I know they can answer it.

Tampa Regional Office
    8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST)
    1313 Tampa Street, Suite 712
    Tampa, Florida 33602
    Phone: (813) 272-2552
    Fax: (813) 272-2252
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks, I ended up just running back and getting him to sign it and writing the PD info on the back. I'll submit it that way and hope it works.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Heck it is Florida I could have my Grandma sign it. J/K

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    Thanks, I ended up just running back and getting him to sign it and writing the PD info on the back. I'll submit it that way and hope it works.
    that will not be not good enough! the info needs to be in the box on the app, any deviation will cause delays and denial. My son had a bad time getting his permit because the out of state PD didn't follow the necessary protocols

They sent mine back to be corrected. This time when I renewed I made sure I had it right. I went to the City I retired from because I still know a lot of the Cops. They did the Ink finger print card. I sent it in a couple of weeks ago. It must be right this time or I think they would have returned it by now. All I can do is wait. I hate to wait.

Just an update - received my permit today! It was issued on the 3/12, but just showed up in the mail. I think it was 1 month on the dot for it being out the door and showing back up. I was out working on the intermediate steering shaft on my Impala and didn't even bother to look at the mail until tonight.

Congrats on your permit. FWIW, I'd never use ink FP's anymore. You can just scan in, and then they know you forever.

To answer the OP....FL only accepts Live Scan from within it's borders. If you're out of state you MUST send a hard card.

Florida does NOT accept live scan for non resident's. The officer must sign the card, the box below his signature remains blank, the name and address of the police dept. must be written in the upper right hand corner on the back of the finger print cart. Read ALL directions carefully.

Non- resident live scan

Does anyone know whether Florida will accept a live scan for a non-resident renewal if you go to Florida to have it done?

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Here in Clark County, NV the LE office will Digitally print on the Florida Finger Print form. Florida accepted mine application done this way and issue the permit. Good Luck!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Links