CCL------why does it take so long?

This is a discussion on CCL------why does it take so long? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Spirit4earth Isn't it as simple as doing a background check on a person? Here in NC it can take up to three ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CCL------why does it take so long?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit4earth View Post
    Isn't it as simple as doing a background check on a person? Here in NC it can take up to three months!
    I feel for you! It took about the same time for me to get my permit in Texas. But I think the wait helps to focus us on why we're getting the CHL. If we are patient and thoughtful, we'll avoid situations that can get us in trouble and think our way out of a situation instead of having to shoot our way out.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I got mine the same day I applied 20 years ago, now I just renew by mail
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

As Gamalot said. 6 months here in NY... plus another 8 weeks or more to get a pistol amended!

CCL------why does it take so long?

I'm in FL I applied for my first ccw a month in a half ago and they told me if approved Id have it in two weeks. After waiting a month I called and they said I had been approved all they have to do is print the license and send it so I will have it in a week. I still haven't received it so I called yesterday and they told me its been approved but it will take another two weeks to print and mail the license. I understand things take time but they really need to streamline the system it shouldn't take weeks going on months to print and mail something once its been approved.

In Oregon it took me one week from when I applied for it. Showed up in the mail the day they told me I would probably have it.
    Not sure if time varies by county.

Months...there is no reason for that. No excuse except something as innocuous as low priority to something as obstructionist as negative reinforcement and to actively make people jump through hoops.

These background checks...even with fingerprints....there's no reason for these to drag on weeks, much less months. It makes me so annoyed that the govt is abusive like this.

(5 business days for me)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Got mine in about ten minutes! Would of been faster if the clerk would of wrote faster!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamalot View Post
    This is exactly why we will never see any form of "Reciprocity" between states where concealed carry is concerned. One state has very lax laws while others are very stringent. I think some states don't even have permit requirements at all.

No need to shoot this messenger. I live in the state with the most stringent laws of them all and have held my permit for nearly 40 years. I did not make the rules and don't care to argue about them.

Gary
    Gamalot -- I don't care to argue about the laws either. But, I will question your attitude. Your so called stringent laws are more about attitude toward concealed carry. I can assure you that I am just as qualified to carry as a New Yorker. I suspect the majority of this forum might say something similar.

Takes a trip to your sheriff's office, about 15 min tops and $20 for 5 years in Butler county, PA. Plus they have a box full of free gun locks if you want some. Just have to remember to go back and renew every 5 years.

I got mine in Georgia in a little less than a week.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links