Now the Wait Begins!

Now the Wait Begins!

This is a discussion on Now the Wait Begins! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I finally found some time to take our CCH Class. We paided a total of $435 for both of us to complete ...

Now the Wait Begins!

My wife and I finally found some time to take our CCH Class. We paided a total of $435 for both of us to complete the process. Our class was $75, Sheriffs Office cost $32.50 to get finger printed, and the Kansas Attorney General charged $132.50 for the Background check. We also paid about $20 for pictures from Walgreen's to send in with the Application.

Now the waiting begins!

I was so excited to get the process done. I went out and brought a Ruger SR9C. I have put about 500 rounds through it and no problems yet. Hope it stays that way! Does anyone know of good holsters for the Ruger SR9C or Ruger SR-22 handgun for my wife? Thanks in advance!

Congrats on what you have accomplished so far. No help on the holsters though, sorry. As with most things; its worth the wait! GL, keep us posted and post some pics of that Ruger!!!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I have both the SR9C and the SR-22. As of right now, I am using the Mitch Rosen OWB with the SR9C. I went with an Old Faithful IWB and a Blackhawk IWB for the SR-22 and my wife's Nano.

400+ bucks. Sounds like your authorities should have criminal checks run on them.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    400+ bucks. Sounds like your authorities should have criminal checks run on them.
    I agree! Even our CCH Instructor told us it was all about the money. I will have pictures posted up tomorrow night.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

I hope you were practicing safe sex, you got screwed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Its' worth the money and time to have the peace of mind to be able to protect yourself. In my opinion you picked good fire arms. I also hope that you never need to use your firearms other than to have a good time at the range. I have 3 different States CCW Licences and carry all day every day. I have not needed to use a firearm to protect myself and I hope it stays that way. Good Luck to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by klam55 View Post
    My wife and I finally found some time to take our CCH Class. We paided a total of $435 for both of us to complete the process.
    So freedom really isn't free...

Thats highway robbery, your states elected officials should all be jailed.

Here are a few pictures of the Ruger SR9C and Ruger SR-22 Handgun.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." ~Thomas Jefferson

Congratulations! That's an expensive process you went through. They get us coming and going, don't they? I have to postpone my CC class until the end of March because money's so tight. Sucks! Then I have to wait up to three months for the license! Aaaarrrgghhh!

Links