Carrying during fitness activities

This is a discussion on Carrying during fitness activities within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was running this morning as I always do and thought I would start a thread on how some of us carry during fitness activities. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carrying during fitness activities

I was running this morning as I always do and thought I would start a thread on how some of us carry during fitness activities. So here are the two questions.

1. What do you carry during exercise?
    2. How do you carry it?

I will start off. I usually carry either a Smith & Wesson 642 or sometimes a Sig Sauer P239 9mm in a Pistol Wear PT-2 sports holster. It is very comfortable, doesn't bounce and is totally sweat proof.

Don't carry when I run. When snow showing or hiking I carry OWB or OC depending. Normally OC with Taurus .44 mag. I am mostly concerned about bears and other 4 legged critters, not 2. At home in my gym it is nearby, Sig 228.

VIP Member
    I carry just as I do the rest of the time, with my Glock in a Brommeland Max-Con V IWB. Granted, I cannot wear spandex, running shorts or singlets, but I wouldn't, anyway.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

"Snow Showing",suntzu.....that sounds like something a drunk would do
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Don't carry when I run. When snow showing or hiking I carry OWB or OC depending. Normally OC with Taurus .44 mag. I am mostly concerned about bears and other 4 legged critters, not 2. At home in my gym it is nearby, Sig 228.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    shoeing. Great exercise.

J frame Smith model 638 airweight or Kahr CM 9 when walking the dog...but I never carry at the gym..I just don't. If hell breaks loose I can low crawl to my Truck and get my Glock.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

I don't carry at the gym. When walking the dogs it is normally my normal carry. Pistols may vary from .357 to .44 mag. Have a cayote problem and a residence bear and mt. lion.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

VIP Member
    I don't carry at the gym. MA classes. I got an interesting wake up when in the heat
    of a choreographed fight I pulled and "fired" a toy gun (thread ran a few weeks back).
    No gun in the MA class. Inconvenient and maybe unwise and unsafe.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I dont carry at the gym, or mountain biking. Too much risk for injury. I do carry my PM9 in a pistol wear holster while running though. It stays put pretty well, although the spandex stuff is starting to lose its stretch. May be time for a new one...great holster though.

Smartcarry, only way to conceal comfortably while at the gym or while running. At least for me.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I don't carry at the gym. MA classes. I got an interesting wake up when in the heat
    of a choreographed fight I pulled and "fired" a toy gun (thread ran a few weeks back).
    No gun in the MA class. Inconvenient and maybe unwise and unsafe.
    I'd like to read the story! What was the thread title?

Edit: Found It
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Plan on having mine in my Camlbak while biking.

Glock 19 in a Pistol Wear PT-ONE when working out, jogging and bike riding. Works very well for me.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member
    LC9 comes along biking and running in cold weather. The "Governor" in a shoulder rig for dog walks and hikes. I would not take into a gym or locker room. Thats what the safe in my car is for.

I have considered carring while running but with my seizures I fall down a lot lol. In the winter I run on the treadmill at the gym and I'm always falling down on the mill, by now the people are use to it but if i carried something horrible will happen sooner or later. Great topic though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links