Do You Feel Naked Without A Gun Now? I SURE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Do You Feel Naked Without A Gun Now? I SURE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My story and predicament I always carry no matter where Im going,,period,,, ,but I haven't carried since January 2nd and don't plan on carrying for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do You Feel Naked Without A Gun Now? I SURE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do You Feel Naked Without A Gun Now? I SURE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My story and predicament

I always carry no matter where Im going,,period,,, ,but I haven't carried since January 2nd and don't plan on carrying for at least another 2 months,,Why you ask,well Im a plumber by trade and I had an on the job accident when a plug blew out of a boiler and I got 3rd degree burns on both hands ,I now have a skin graft on my left palm and a skin graft on my right trigger finger(of all places) both hands are bandaged and not only do I feel completely helpless I basically am,,I might add Im 6'3" and go 250lbs and the way my hand feel i think as a matter of fact i know anybody could beat me down right now with ease

I have this utter feeling of helplessness,I mean I cant even drive my wife has to drive me everywhere,,so my only self defense tactic now to to be even more aware of my surroundings now than I usually am to avoid a situation,other than that cant think of anything else i could do.,,can you?

ok Im done rambilin on now

moral to the story ,,be very very careful of your hand because you could end up with these
    Attached Images
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    ouchy
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear about your accident and predicament.

My neighbor recently had a tire blow up, the flopping rubber whipped around to inside the wheel, where his hand was, and peeled the skin off the back of his hand, ruined one finger tip. He too had to have a skin graft and finger tip removed. I told him that whatever he does dont let them take a graft from his butt for his hand, if this got out in public, know one would ever shake hands with him again. I was trying to cheer him up a bit and it worked. From helping my neighbor I think I understand your situation pretty good, I bet you get through this just fine, it'll just take some time.

You're in a tough spot defensively, I bet if a bunch of us from DC here, lived close to you, we'd be glad to take you on an errand or whatever. BTW can the wife shoot?

I'll bet the gun forum typing is pretty slow?
    Sfire likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Sadly, I cannot help you, but I do know what you are going through. I was fortunate that mine was only my right hand, and I am left-handed. I hope your grafts take well, mine did. The only reminder is the fact that there is no hair on the back of my right hand, and I have some scarring that looks like I had the back of my hand checkered in a diamond pattern.

No one who has not been seriously burned can understand the pain, so I hope you are at the point where it has diminished and begun healing. I wish I had a suggestion for your SD situation, but unless you can squeeze the trigger with your pinkie, I think you are out of action until the PT starts.

Good luck, and best wishes.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I thought I saw a video here of a shooting technique that utilized the index finger along the frame of the gun and the all purpose finger for the trigger finger, you'd probably get good with it about the time your index finger healed up enough to shoot then have to learn all over again.

That sucks about your "tools" getting burned, at least you are still with us and you will heal. Like you said keep that SA on full alert and do the best that you can, maybe wear a t-shirt that says "You should see the other guy".
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Time heals all wounds in and out. For now you have to live vicariously through others thanks to Webb sites like this with a dream of being able to enjoy what you have temporary lost

VIP Member
    Bummer. I don't feel nekkid without a gun, but I sure would miss shooting them after a week or two.

'Hope you heal up soon!

Sorry to hear that.... although the question is... how long did that take you to type out? haha. Just kidding, but I do feel much more comfortable having a gun on me in public, especially when I go to bigger cities.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Burns are the worst! Hope you heal quickly, and the pain is not too bad.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thanks all , and ya took me a long time to 1 finger type that with my middle finger lol,and thank goodness for spell check,I only had about 42 errors :)

Well, bein a plumber, I can tell you where you CAN'T conceal your weapon.
    GOt to add a little humor to a bad situation!!!

I once heard someone describe a gun as a tool that enables a person to project power over a distance.

For people who may be disabled or handicapped, that is really a big deal!

Whenever I see folks pulling into or leaving a handicapped parking space, I think to myself, "I hope they have considered CCW." Because, if they are confronted by a BG, they are fairly certain to become a victim--unless they have a CCW.

While you are going through your extended period of discomfort, while you heal, I'm sure you have become much more attuned to the kinds of challenges that older/handicapped folks can experience.

I hope that you healing time passes quickly and that you regain all of your former ability.

Take care and thank you for sharing.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    We, those of us who are relatively healthy, tend to take for granted just how good we have it until something like this happens and we become (temporarily) handicapped or disabled. Even if it's only a stubbed toe or jammed finger, or God forbid, something more serious, it is a constant reminder of how easily and quickly something like this can happen and how fragile we become/are.

Maybe I don't count my blessings enough as I should, but when something like this happens to one of the good guys, it sure makes me stop and reflect upon how fortunate I really am.

OP - take care, heal quickly.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

years ago I was running a grid casting machine in a Battery plant,the back of my left hand and fingers suffered second degree burns from molten lead.I couldn't pick up anything for a week the pain in my hand was so bad.I know that I wouldn't have been able to pull a #5 trigger it was that weak.
    THANK GOD YOUR WAY PAST PUBERTY
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. The pain must be excruciating. I've had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my arms and hands when I was in the service, and I know how painful burns can be.

I work in the People's Republic of New Jersey and am not allowed to carry there. I know about the naked feeling...

God Bless, and may you heal quickly.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links