time to change banks?

time to change banks?

This is a discussion on time to change banks? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The bank I do business with is not federal and is not posted not to carry so in Arkansas I can carry in it. About ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: time to change banks?

time to change banks?

The bank I do business with is not federal and is not posted not to carry so in Arkansas I can carry in it. About a month ago I brought it up to the loan officer who is also the vp of the bank and he made it clear he did not like the idea of people having guns in his bank. To this day it'd still not posted but I am expecting it to be at any time. My question id would you change banks on account of this? I have been with this bank for along time and have a good relationship with them and most banks wont let you carry anyway.

Why on earth did you bring it up at all?
    RMS, First Sgt, tkruf and 19 others like this.

And before y'all hammer me I know I should have kept my mouth shut.

Was just making small talk he had his and I never thought he would give that response.
    jlprtr likes this.

VIP Member
    He's your loan officer, not your conscience. I wouldn't give a flip what he thought.

Once he posts it, I'd move on. I bank at 6 different banks in my area. Only one of them is posted, so I use the drive-thru on that one. It'll be the first one to go once I don't need it anymore.
    msgt/ret, jlprtr and Inspector71 like this.

I would wait and see if they post the bank. All banks are "privately" owned - not government owned.

Whether it is "Federal" or "State" or "County" does not matter - banks are all shareholder owned. The nomenclature typically indicates under what "authority" the bank was originally organized, or in the case of "County", what County it might have originally operated within.

The only exception is the Federal Reserve Bank, and needless to say, none of us bank there.

I have been with this bank for along time and have a good relationship with them and most banks wont let you carry anyway
    If I had a good relationship with a good local bank, I would not change banks. Banking relationships are important, powerful, useful, and hard to develop in this day and age. It is easy to have an "account" at a mega-bank, but you'll rarely be a known "customer" there. Good bankers are important in life for many reasons. Develop the relationships carefully and reap the rewards.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06bruce View Post
    The bank I do business with is not federal and is not posted not to carry so in Arkansas I can carry in it. About a month ago I brought it up to the loan officer who is also the vp of the bank and he made it clear he did not like the idea of people having guns in his bank. To this day it'd still not posted but I am expecting it to be at any time. My question id would you change banks on account of this? I have been with this bank for along time and have a good relationship with them and most banks wont let you carry anyway.
    No, I would change who I talk to about carrying firearms on account of this.
    atctimmy likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Yet you persist.
    msgt/ret and jerp like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Was just making small talk he had his and I never thought he would give that response.

as i have (hopefully) ingrained in my daughter--

if its something you have not done or said numerous times before--
    if time allows you a moment to reflect--give it a 2nd thought before you say or do it the 1st time.

but im thinking that you have cottened to that now
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Seek conflict and ye shall find it.
    First Sgt, Bad Bob and msgt/ret like this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Sometimes I think folks just do too much thinking out loud in forums! You really need to ask others what to do in your banking endevors, let alone bring up guns in a bank? What did you really expect?
    jerp and mook012 like this.

What you will do is your choice and only you can make a decision. What we might have to say is irrelevant.

If you feel the people who manage the bank do not welcome you as a customer because you have a Concealed Carry permit and may be armed sometimes you are there, then by all means, change your financial institution. Nobody is stopping you from doing any business with places that discourage the practice of firearm ownership and concealed carry.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

C arry
    A lways
    N ever
    T ell
    tkruf, Outer_Heaven, Honk and 1 others like this.
    I love my Country but I fear my Government

I'd keep going about your business until (and if) they ask you to leave. If and when they do just say no problem, close my acct, give me my money and I'll conduct business elsewhere.

I'd keep going about your business until (and if) they ask you to leave. If and when they do just say no problem, close my acct, give me my money and I'll conduct business elsewhere. But we are talking about open carry right?
    mcp1810 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links