Is it Wrong for the Milwaukee Police to keep the Gun

This is a discussion on Is it Wrong for the Milwaukee Police to keep the Gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some of you may have known back in early Feb a CCW holder stopped armed robbers at a Milwaukee Aldi's. the CCW holder was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Is it Wrong for the Milwaukee Police to keep the Gun

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar

Is it Wrong for the Milwaukee Police to keep the Gun

As some of you may have known back in early Feb a CCW holder stopped armed robbers at a Milwaukee Aldi's. the CCW holder was cleared of all charges and the robbers were caught and charged.
    Now the armed citizen would like his gun back. The Milwaukee police say that wont happen due to it still being evidence.
    I read that at first the police chief was against the CCW at first then changed his mind? I am not sure what his position is now.

Do i need to carry my cheaper guns? ha ha..

Whats your thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Have the BGs been convicted. If not, then it could be evidence...
    Hopyard likes this.

Yes he should get the gun back. I don't understand how the GG's gun is evidence against the BG...

"I call your attention to exhibit G, the weapon of the good guy that eventually stopped the accused of his robbery."

or maybe

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I call your attention to exhibit G, the weapon used by the CCW holder that stopped my client in the act of his robbery of the Milwaukee Aldi's."

Guess I just don't get it.
    sid1, Hopyard, phreddy and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Yes he should get his gun back.
    sid1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Shouldn't have taken it in the first place.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    The excuse used by the DA is that they may need the "good guys" gun to help convict the good guy of something. That is, if they can think of something that will stick.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

It's only evidence of Milwaukee's liberal anti-gun attitude. When a LEO draws their weapon is it taken and placed in evidence? The weapon was not discharged from I see so give it back.
    sid1, msgt/ret and Armey like this.

VIP Member
    Another reason to have another gun like your EDC in the safe and for heavy range use.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Agree! They should not took the gun at all. It has nothing to do with the BG's case. That is why I don't carry my Kimber super ultra carry any more. I switched to a Glock that I got on sale for $450.00. I hope I never need to use it for SD. If I do I figure the "proper authorities" are going to hang on to it for a while. Rather them have my $450 than $1,295.00.
    While I got a whole lot of bs from my 1911 friends, they are aware of how well I can shoot my new Glock and its cost.

It would be funny to see some "Denny Crane" type lawyer with the Gun as exhibit"A" in the court room.
    223to45 likes this.

Until the court case is completed the guys gun is in fact evidence. Upon the completion of the case he can file paperwork and they will release it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Until the court case is completed the guys gun is in fact evidence. Upon the completion of the case he can file paperwork and they will release it.
    Do they have a certain time period? What if the BG wants to appeal? Could be a long time before they return it.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    The GG's gun was not used in the robbery, and therefore is not evidence in the robbery case.
    The GG's testimony is evidence in the robbery case, but his weapon is not. It played no role in the robbery.
    msgt/ret and atctimmy like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Using that logic, wouldn't the whole Aldi's and all of its contents be evidence? They should close the store until the trial in case someone steps on the crime scene or moves something. The GG's gun is evidence of nothing in the BG's case. The only reason to keep it would be to charge the GG with something.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jim5513 View Post
    It's only evidence of Milwaukee's liberal anti-gun attitude. When a LEO draws their weapon is it taken and placed in evidence? The weapon was not discharged from I see so give it back.
    This is my point exactly. From everything I read and heard it justs sound like they will string it out and not give him his gun back. I believe Wisconsin Carry has even started the legal court work to get it back. But I cant confrim this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links