Have you CC'ed while injured?

This is a discussion on Have you CC'ed while injured? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently crashed on my mountain bike and cracked a rib. This is the 3rd time in the past 20 years that I have suffered ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Have you CC'ed while injured?

Have you CC'ed while injured?

I recently crashed on my mountain bike and cracked a rib. This is the 3rd time in the past 20 years that I have suffered this type of injury and it will take me about 6 weeks to heal. I move slow, and hurt when I cough or sneeze. I would be a good target for a predator looking for easy prey, which is why I am more vigilant the ever. I always say that I would run for my life, now I’d have to limp away! I’m not taking anything stronger than Advil. If I needed something stronger, I wouldn’t carry because I wouldn’t be leaving the house. But in this injured state, I am more aware of how weakened I am and how I much more I depend on my CC weapon. Have you carried while injured? I thank to Second Amendment for the right to walk with confidence anywhere I might want to go.
    sauto likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Yes.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Yes, way to many times LOL.

Doing it right now.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    I still have residual effects of a stroke some years ago (right side weakness, limp, unable to run) and yes I carry everyday everywhere I can.
    Harryball and carracer like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Had the same injury you just described after getting bucked off the quarter horse outside wal mart. (Half of that is false)

Carrying truly only bothered me while seated in a vehicle as it hit my ribs just right. I also found it easier to breathe and less painful when I wrapped my ribs in vet wrap. (Much like an Ace Bandage but cheaper and disposable. Yes I know its for animals.)

VIP Member
    I am right now too. I am 7 weeks out from falling on the ice and landing on my left elbow which broke the head of the humerus and tore the supraspinatus tendon (partial). The humerus broke where the tendon inserts. Just saw the doc today and things are going well, but there are certain movements that will bring tears to your eyes. I also can't bring my left hand into a shooting position and even if I did, the recoil would likely do damage.

At first, 7 weeks ago, I switched to a revolver as I could not rack the slide on my G30. I have gained some strength back and can now rack the slide, so I am carrying it again, but it is good to have options.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    Had the same injury you just described after getting bucked off the quarter horse outside wal mart. (Half of that is false)
    Was it a thoroughbred? JK :)
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I have not but im glad to see all you guys havent let your injuries prevent you.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Yes.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post

Carrying truly only bothered me while seated in a vehicle as it hit my ribs just right. I also found it easier to breathe and less painful when I wrapped my ribs in vet wrap. (Much like an Ace Bandage but cheaper and disposable. Yes I know its for animals.)
    I thought they put seat belts on those things!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Injured or not, I'll be carrying. I have a bad back the frequently has me walking with a limp and stooped over, to the thugs out there I look like an easy target, but it is a mistake they won't make a second time.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    many times.

its a hurtin way to validate the need to vary training and practice
    weak hand, one handed operations, with a cane or crutches.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I am fortunate in that I am left handed. If they do have cut on my shoulder (left of course) I won't be able to draw. That means carrying on my right side. In all my holster shopping it has always been a challenge to find left handed holsters. Right handed ones I can get just about anywhere.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Yes
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links