I'm going broke!!

This is a discussion on I'm going broke!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it just me, or do most people spend about as much on holsters as they do on the pistol they're trying to holster?? I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'm going broke!!

I'm going broke!!

Is it just me, or do most people spend about as much on holsters as they do on the pistol they're trying to holster??
    I dont know what my problem is but I've purchased a Kholster, Don Hume, and a OWB Blackhawk for a Glock 26 thats barely a week old!
    My wife's going to kill me when our statement comes in.....

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    The problem is you can't see it until you get it. If there were a local store where you could walk in and try out holsters, like shoes, you would have far fewer of them.

And if you would like to buy one or two of mine, as Jimmy Durante once said, "I have a million of them."
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    The problem is you can't see it until you get it. If there were a local store where you could walk in and try out holsters, like shoes, you would have far fewer of them.

And if you would like to buy one or two of mine, as Jimmy Durante once said, "I have a million of them."
    Thats absolutely correct. I spend hours online reading reviews and crossing my fingers while they're on the way. Maybe you and I should open up a strictly holster store and make our fortune..... mmmmm....

Appreciate the offer, and if my many "on the way" holsters don't work out, I'll P.M you.

Try being a southpaw ... nobody carries much of anything for us. I have to do all my purchasing online. Sure I might find a holster for a right handed user and see if it fits the gun, but it's not the same when trying the draw, etc. At least not to me.

Like i say for fishing ... can't have too many flies tied; can't have too many holsters :)

Kurt
    oneshot and yooperdug like this.

Fortunately, I've kept my holster expenses pretty low. I caught wind of the Remora holsters on this forum, and they are great. $35 for one with a sweat shield is just the ticket. That kept my holster expenses low, and they work like a charm.
    accessbob likes this.

If it is IWB, just get a crossbreed supertuck and be done with it. I have 2 holsters for each carry gun. A crossbreed and an uncle mikes. Fills every need I have yet had. Then you can worry about the gun on the next statement instead of a bunch of kydex or leather that fill drawers.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Cyngen View Post
    Try being a southpaw ... nobody carries much of anything for us. I have to do all my purchasing online. Sure I might find a holster for a right handed user and see if it fits the gun, but it's not the same when trying the draw, etc. At least not to me.

Like i say for fishing ... can't have too many flies tied; can't have too many holsters :)

Kurt
    Anything Fist or High Noon make...it's for right hand and lefties, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    If it is IWB, just get a crossbreed supertuck and be done with it. I have 2 holsters for each carry gun. A crossbreed and an uncle mikes. Fills every need I have yet had. Then you can worry about the gun on the next statement instead of a bunch of kydex or leather that fill drawers.
    I've got a CBST for my beretta. Your are right. They are very good. I just thought that I'd give Kholster a try with my Glock since they are half the cost and take half the time to get here. Then I Thought that I'd need a OWB then an easy to attach IWB and before I'd realized it, I'd ordered all three.
    I'll probably regret all of them and end up with the Supertuck after all.

As long as you are having fun and dont actually go broke, thats all good! Let us know if you discover a diamond in the rough!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bentol888 View Post
    I'm going broke!!
    If you're not going broke...your not doing it right!
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

VIP Member
    I believe some people think/believe the nonsense/statements from others, "This holster is like a dream, I can't even tell its there."

Then they get it, put it on, and cry foul!
    People are too fussy, have too high an expectation of what a holster will feel like while wearing it, and too often are trying to wear it with the wrong clothing/belt, and in the wrong circumstances.

"Awe crap, you mean I can't wear it with a speedo?" mentallity.

Folks need to get realistic in your understanding of holsters.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I have two holsters for my XD, both with different jobs. Maybe I'm in the minority then

I do think it is ridiculous that most stores only sell a few types of holsters. De Santis, Galco, Fobus and Uncle Mike's. The first two are fine, but the other two...
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I have a Beretta PX4 Storm SC, and ordered the Crossbreed Supertuck as my first holster.
    It works great.....I wore it twelve hours yesterday, and the same amount of time last week with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I believe some people think/believe the nonsense/statements from others, "This holster is like a dream, I can't even tell its there."

Then they get it, put it on, and cry foul!
    People are too fussy, have too high an expectation of what a holster will feel like while wearing it, and too often are trying to wear it with the wrong clothing/belt, and in the wrong circumstances.

"Awe crap, you mean I can't wear it with a speedo?" mentallity.

Folks need to get realistic in your understanding of holsters.
    Well, thankfully i don't buy into that mentality at all. I believe that holsters CAN be extremely comfortable and a pleasure to wear. Thats why they sell a magnitude of different kinds. Maybe if we were back 50 or 60 years ago, that may have been true. But with today's lighter pistols and Kydex/leather one's like the Supertuck for instance, its not unreasonable to expect a level of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Olduser View Post
    If you're not going broke...your not doing it right!
    Thats the spirit!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links