Should I get CT Laser grip for my full size or compact M&P??

This is a discussion on Should I get CT Laser grip for my full size or compact M&P?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is turning into a difficult situation...I won a free laser grip of my choosing from CT but can't decide if I should get it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kimberpackn

Thread: Should I get CT Laser grip for my full size or compact M&P??

This is turning into a difficult situation...I won a free laser grip of my choosing from CT but can't decide if I should get it for my full size M&P .40, or a compact M&P 9mm which I'll be purchasing shortly...If I get it for my full size it might make me carry the full size over my compact which means more round, better accuracy, etc...until I buy the compact I've been concealing the full size regularly and don't have any issues with it but having a compact might make realize how much more comfortable the compact is.

On the other hand, compacts are going to inherently be less accurate and a little tougher to shoot, thus making the laser potentially more useful. But then it might make me want to carry the compact more, which is fine and all, but I think if I can carry the full size then it's all the better. Understanding that buying one for the other isn't an option at the moment, what would you do???
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

I wouldn't overthink this. Simply put the CT on the gun you plan on carrying more.

Then just spend time at the range learning how to use the laser effectively.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I wouldn't overthink this. Simply put the CT on the gun you plan on carrying more.

Then just spend time at the range learning how to use the laser effectively.
    Agreed.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Take your freebie for one, and then buy one for the other. Crimson Trace offers an EXCELLENT NRA instructor discount.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I would throw one on the compact. I like the idea of laser grips on compact guns, but on full size pistols, I prefer a mounted light/laser combo. Just me though. If you can't decide, flip a coin!
    "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies." -Lewis Grizzard

sgb
    My wife's M&P 9c is as accurate as the Full size M&P, there's only 3/4 inch difference in the length of the barrels. My vote is go with the M&P compact first, the Mrs loves hers.

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

go with the compac ithe combo will be a little less bulky

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Put it on the one you will use for Home Defense. It is of most use indoors.

Take your freebie for one, and then buy one for the other.

I have CT grips on my M&Pc and love them. If you are only going to put them on one, put them on the one you'll carry the most.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I've got them on my 40c. If I had to guess, it feels like they're between the med and large backstrap. Truthfully, they might even be a tad big for my hands. (Tip of my outstretched baby finger to tip of thumb is 8", bottom of palm to tip of middle finger is 7.5" and palm width is 3.75")

But I've gotten used to them, and more importantly, I can shoot well with them on the pistol. I always leave the power on when I carry but only use them for practice 10% to 20% of the time.

As an aside, I think you will be surprised how NOT "tough" the 9c will be to shoot. My guess is that you're gonna' love shooting it.

If I HAD to pick which pistol I would put the CT grips on, it would be on my EDC. Then I would put a tact light on my home defender.

Just my .02
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Links