Milwaukee, WI Police cheif flynn

This is a discussion on Milwaukee, WI Police cheif flynn within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Police cheif flynn wants to implement changes to CCW laws and gun laws. And for a guy that opposed CCW, I respect him for these ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Milwaukee, WI Police cheif flynn

Milwaukee, WI Police cheif flynn

Police cheif flynn wants to implement changes to CCW laws and gun laws. And for a guy that opposed CCW, I respect him for these changes that he wants to implement.

1.) Make a straw purchases a Felony at state level. (I agree)
    2.) 3 or more misdeamors in 5 years, loss or unable to attain CCW permit. (I kind of agree)
    3.) Make it a felony, if caught more than three times carrying concealed without having a permit. (Meaning if you never applied for a CCPL and you get caught carring concealed 3+ times its a felony. I AGREE)

Love to hear your opinions... heres the link

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/m...-restrictions/

-Jerp
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

Ummm my apologies i have NO idea why this posted 2x, i did it on my phone im thinking that had something to do with it.... SORRY
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

I agree with Nik Clark of WCI in this..

...protestors in Madison can easily get three disorderly conduct misdemeanors just by being politically alive. He says Milwaukee Police should narrow down the list of misdemeanors that would be counted against a concealed carry permit.
    It seems those opposed to CC are looking for ways to put holes in it... Milwaukee Citizens need to make change in their police department leadership structure
    W9HDG and jrclen like this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Police cheif flynn wants to implement changes to CCW laws and gun laws. And for a guy that opposed CCW, I respect him for these changes that he wants to implement.

I agree with this one. North Carolina recently passed this one. Prior to that, we had to charge obtaining property by false pretense or attempting to obtain property by false pretense. The feds are almost never interested in prosecuting this one, so state level charges are necessary for people trying to buy guns for criminals.

2.) 3 or more misdeamors in 5 years, loss or unable to attain CCW permit. (I kind of agree)
    I don't agree so much with this one, it would depend on what misdemeanors are included. Having expired license plates in NC is a misdemeanor. That shouldn't have any effect on gun rights. At the same time, someone with three misdemeanor assaults might not be a good person to issue a CHP. Still, misdemeanors are supposed to be "minor offenses". I'm not a fan of denying rights to people who are not convicted felons. That is the main problem I have with domestic violence convictions denying gun rights. If domestic violence is so serious that it should deprive someone of their rights, then it should be a felony. If it isn't serious enough to be a felony, then it shouldn't deprive someone of their rights.

3.) Make it a felony, if caught more than three times carrying concealed without having a permit. (Meaning if you never applied for a CCPL and you get caught carring concealed 3+ times its a felony. I AGREE)
    In North Carolina second offense of illegally carrying a concealed gun [not any weapon, just a firearm] is a felony, so I don't have so much of a problem with this. Still, I think all CCW training and permits should be issued free of charge to anyone who qualifies so there is no excuse for not getting a permit.

See above.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

New laws:

Honest people don't need 'em,
    Criminals don't heed 'em.
    TVille, JoJoGunn, Crowman and 3 others like this.

Well, seeing as "straw purchases" are largely a myth there is no reason to bother with that. If guns are being sold illegally, there are state laws that cover that, and are covered by the wording in the current law.

To make this change would have no net positive change. It would have a negative effect on the people going to legal gun shows, doing legal activities, being harrassed by anti-gun heads of police organizations. Like the Milwaukee police chief is. Limiting the power of people like that who don't spend their resources wisely enough as it is with real problems makes sense to me.

All of the additions are uneeded, and unwarranted. No thanks, but they can stay where they belong. The garbage can.
    Crowman likes this.

VIP Member
    I don't think we need to change. I hate to open the door on changes at this point. What next???
    Crowman likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm not impressed.

This clown is no different than any of these big-town, anti-gun police chiefs, who have finally run out the clock to no avail, and now they want to muddy the waters some more.

I got no use for these jokers.
    Crowman likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Moderator
    Be careful what you wish for.

3 or more misdeamors in 5 years, loss or unable to attain CCW permit. (I kind of agree)
    An example of some Misdeameanors...

Failure to keep dog on leash
    Speeding 20 miles over the limit
    Protesting an event without a permit
    Loud Music Complaint (disturbing the peace)
    Littering (cup flys out of back of pickup truck)
    Failure to vacate( loud party at night gets broken up and you didnt leave soon enough for the cops )
    Burning trash during burn ban
    Watering the lawn during a drought
    Parking in a Handicap zone
    Parking in an unmarked area

Are any of these worthy enough to leave someone defensless ? I think not.

Make it a felony, if caught more than three times carrying concealed without having a permit. (Meaning if you never applied for a CCPL and you get caught carring concealed 3+ times its a felony. I AGREE)
    Why make it a felony? The law already have extra penalties in place for the use of a weapon during the commision of a crime. What is concealed? Gun in the truck? Gun in a gun case? Gun in a backpack on the back of a 4 wheeler?

Mr Flynn is no friend to anyone that is pro-gun. Sure he opposed CCW, but he is not worthy of respect. These so called changes will do NOTHING...absolutley nothing to impede crime and they are nothing more than a mechanism to impede the carry of concealed weapons.

Lets get something straight. LAWS only affect the people that follow them.Thugs use the law to their advantage, it gives them a leg up on someone that follows the law. As a police chief he knows that and he is not interested in catching the real thugs, he wants only to interfere with those that have a legal right to concealed carry.

Think people. Use your heads. These are poor laws that will only "catch" the good guys.
    Crowman and GGGreg like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Here is what I posted on the Journal Sentinal site:

Lets be honest here. The police don't have a problem with the concealed carry law. A certain anti gun fascist police chief has a problem with the concealed carry law. He fought passage of the law tooth and nail. He ordered his "troops" to "take down" any law abiding citizen legally carrying a firearm. This guy is the poster child for the Police State. Protect and serve actually means harass and intimidate to him. His ideal modification to the law is that we can't carry when we are alone or with somebody.
    Crowman and Fitch like this.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    None of those laws are needed. This guy is not on the side of responsible citizenship defending ourselves. He is looking for as many ways as he can find to criminalize people who want to own guns. Period.

Fitch
    Crowman likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Milwaukee was in need of a organized and well proven police chief. That said, this is one area that his meddling is not necessary. Especially in defining the issue if what type of misdemenor impossed for consealed carry needs further analysis....

2.) 3 or more misdemeanors in 5 years, loss or unable to attain CCW permit. (I kind of agree)
    3.) Make it a felony, if caught more than three times carrying concealed without having a permit. (Meaning if you never applied for a CCPL and you get caught carring concealed 3+ times its a felony. I AGREE) -Jerp
    #1 Flynn can request the US justice department to prosecute these cases since it a felony on the federal level. Making it a state law solves nothing since as Flynn states the felony charge will be plea bargained off.

#2 NO and NO Who came with plea bargains, the justice system. Furthermore the DA's office does not have to agree to a plea bargain. So maybe Flynn needs to pressure the DA not to plea bargain the cases that should in fact have a felony conviction. Making law upon law will have no real impact on the criminal element will not solve the problem.

#3 No per Chief Flynn, the felony will be plea bargained off.

Keep in mind that Chief Flynn was an outspoken opponent of the CC law. Also be leery of a police chief that calls the officers "My Troops".

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn said that because there is not enough court or jail space for every bad guy caught by police, plea bargains are necessary in urban jurisdictions.
    Milwaukee police call for concealed-carry changes - JSOnline

Milwaukee police chief slams concealed-carry measure
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/123048453.html
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I guess if he imposed a mandatory 5 round magazine only ban that would be a good idea too,since nobody should need more than 1 or 2 shots to stop a threat.It's a slippery slope you start down once you start throwing out catchy little phrases like "common sense" laws
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    An example of some Misdeameanors...

Failure to keep dog on leash
    Speeding 20 miles over the limit
    Protesting an event without a permit
    Loud Music Complaint (disturbing the peace)
    Littering (cup flys out of back of pickup truck)
    Failure to vacate( loud party at night gets broken up and you didnt leave soon enough for the cops )
    Burning trash during burn ban
    Watering the lawn during a drought
    Parking in a Handicap zone
    Parking in an unmarked area
    None of these are misdemeanors in the State of Wisconsin. All of them would be forfeitures and most of them are not even a state law and would be a local ordinance if the municipality even had such an ordinance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links