What is up with Illinois?

This is a discussion on What is up with Illinois? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This has probably been hashed over and over again. This weekend, I watched another crime show that focused on another gun crime committed by another ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What is up with Illinois?

What is up with Illinois?

This has probably been hashed over and over again. This weekend, I watched another crime show that focused on another gun crime committed by another illegally armed crook in the Land of Lincoln committing a home invasion and holding a family at gunpoint for hours. This story ended with the perp getting caught after three more known crimes, who knows how many were committed.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, The state in which this particular incident took place would have been irrelevant.
    It can happen in any state, and does.
    As far as Ill.
    It is likened to one great big victim enrichment zone.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Illinois for all intent and purpose should be renamed, Chicago, because basically that city and it's leaders run the entire state.

Most of the Chigago thugs are anti gun people who have tremendous power to stop the rest of Illinois from exercising their 2A rights. Unless there is a massive uprising of the population at the voting booth and kick out all the entrenched gun-haters, then and only then will the people of Illinois be able to have laws amended and get the right to carry a firearm without the interference of their Government.

My wife is from Springfield. She has told me so much about Chicago corruption. Perhaps the larger part of the state is gun friendly, I know some of them, they own heavily regulated firearms but must have a F.O.I.D. (Firearms Owners IDentification) card in order to keep them. No carry permits allowed and IL does not recognize the right of any one in or outside to carry one.

However, they are totally surrounded by states that will issue permits, Wisconsin just allowed their citizens to get a permit. Someday the leaders may relent and allow it but that may not happen unless the voters take action and change things.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; March 13th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
    joker1 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

not a chance with the Obama gang in place......

Well, they are stuck with me and my LEOSA permit, and that they don't like one little bit.
    Outer_Heaven and Snatale42 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    There is nothing wrong with Illinois. Somebody has to be last in line. In case you haven't noticed we have them surrounded and they need our support.

Chicago is the main problem with the state.

Handgun proposal means Chicago mayor won't run for governor
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    We have them surrounded.

They will shed their Corporatist skins in time

they all do

eventually

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Unfortunately, The state in which this particular incident took place would have been irrelevant.
    It can happen in any state, and does.
    As far as Ill.
    It is likened to one great big victim enrichment zone.
    I agree. Guns don't necessarily prevent every crime. SOmetimes being a gun owner does not prevent anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    not a chance with the Obama gang in place......
    Could you explain? I don't think Obama being president has anything to do with a criminal committing a home invasion while illegally armed. It would be wonderful if you could show me the connection.

Thanks.

Hopefully soon the rest of the state will see that Chicago isn't the only city in the state and that they don't make the rules for the rest of the state. I thought last time they were going to pass it but I'm pretty sure it lost by one vote, hopefully this time being last in line will maybe change some minds. It's funny that the Govenor has armed guards with him but average citizens can't arm themselves.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Remember, not all of us Illinoisans live in Chicago. The vast majority of the state out side of Chicagoland is pro-2nd ammendment, at least in my neck of the woods. Illinoiscarry.com had another great Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day (IGOLD.com) in Springfield last Wednesday, and progress is being made. There are actually people in Chicago getting on board now, and there's a chance that a CCW law will pass this year. That would be nice......
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Could you explain? I don't think Obama being president has anything to do with a criminal committing a home invasion while illegally armed. It would be wonderful if you could show me the connection.

Thanks.

^^^^^^^I believe what Armey^^^^^^

Was speaking in reference to was the political "Chicago" machine, that helped him get elected to POTUS, which is still deeply embedded in and around the Chicago area, who are vehemently against firearms.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I agree. Guns don't necessarily prevent every crime. SOmetimes being a gun owner does not prevent anything.
    It prevents being unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^I believe what Armey^^^^^^

Was speaking in reference to was the political "Chicago" machine, that helped him get elected to POTUS, which is still deeply embedded in and around the Chicago area, who are vehemently against firearms.
    Having lived in Illinois for the past 29 years, I moved out recently, I don't think this is the case. It is more of a rural versus urban issue.

Best we let him explain what he meant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links