Kansas House Passes Concealed Carry Reform Bill

This is a discussion on Kansas House Passes Concealed Carry Reform Bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NRA-ILA | Kansas House Passes Concealed Carry Reform Bill HB 2353 would ensure that carrying a concealed weapon would be allowed in almost every building, ...

Thread: Kansas House Passes Concealed Carry Reform Bill

NRA-ILA | Kansas House Passes Concealed Carry Reform Bill

HB 2353 would ensure that carrying a concealed weapon would be allowed in almost every building, unless the building “has adequate security measures to ensure that no weapons are permitted to be carried into such building.” If the building lacks adequate security measures, such as metal detectors and security guards, anyone with a valid concealed carry permit would be able to carry their firearm within that building.

I'm not sure if this has been posted or I being an idiot, but I like the sound of this.

Videos speaking of the bill:

Kansas Bill Would Allow Concealed Carry at KU - YouTube

. This video speaks that if the bills fully passes KU will allow conceal carry! Meaning students will be allowed. This clip also has a short interview of a student who is a conceal carry license holder also.

(Not sure why my links are not working, just copy and paste)

Sounds great, anyone from Kansas want to speculate on the possibility of this actually becoming law?
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

It took quite a long time for this law to come into play just for the state of Kansas, I doubt it will be a quick turn around for the country to follow suite. It would be great if other states start to follow and agree with this bill, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I assume that would include churches also or does the law still exclude churches?

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I like the principle upon which this law seems to be based. That is, the citizen is responsible for his own safety and shall not be deprived of the means for carrying out that responsibility unless those doing the depriving take responsibility for the citizen's safety. In other words, after that becomes law, people posting no gun signs would have to have metal detectors and airline type inspections to make sure no-one got in with a gun or other weapon to threaten or harm the disarmed citizens.

If that theory works, should anyone in IL be able to sue the state for failing to protect them after depriving them of the means with which to defend themselves? Yes, in theory, but not in practice. As far as I'm concerned, by depriving their citizens of the means for self defense, IL has created a special obligation state wide to protect it's citizens, has clearly failed to do so, and should be liable.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    Sounds great, anyone from Kansas want to speculate on the possibility of this actually becoming law?
    The Senate is unlikely to pass it as written.

Well, it sounds great, but let's see what happens.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I LIKE it!

This law actually makes sense to me. I've always thought that "no gun" zones are fine ONLY IF the criminals also don't have guns. Airports behind the security gates, schools with metal detectors on all entrances (which is absurd, but whatever), and so on. A "no gun zone" that is only "no gun" for those that actually follows laws is a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    I assume that would include churches also or does the law still exclude churches?
    What started this was to prevent cities / counties from posting all of their buildings, and Universities their campus buildings.
    It's essentially saying, if you don't want to allow people to CC in your building, then you have to make sure no one else is either .... by having metal detectors, security, etc. to ensure everyone's safety. This also applies to businesses.

You can carry about anywhere except the Governors mansion and prisons, unless..... they post the buidling with gun buster signs. So , depends upon whether a particular church post their doors with the approved AG signage or not. If it's not to the AG's approved signage, it carries no weight legally. If you carry past a sign and discovered, it's a $50 fine the first time, $100 the 2nd time, and a suspension for 6 months the 3rd time.

Now, I can carry on a University because I'm not a student and if the building is not posted. They can only post buildings, that's all. But students get expelled.... against Univ policy, this would prevent that. So, bars - churches- K-12 schools, etc. you can carry ... if not posted with the AG's signage.

This bill however, would mean you also would have to have metal detectors, security, etc. if you decide to post a gun buster, and includes "public building, colleges, etc." .

The Dem's have tried to put in some bill killer amendments in it, but have not been successful yet. The Senate, has a lot of "moderate" Republicans (RINO's) who tend to vote with the Dem's, so it's a big question if it will make it thru there.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsored Links