Was involved in an automobile accident while carrying...

This is a discussion on Was involved in an automobile accident while carrying... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...and lo and behold, I didn't shoot anyone! What you may ask!? You mean a shootout over an accident didn't occur on the streets!? I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Was involved in an automobile accident while carrying...

Was involved in an automobile accident while carrying...

...and lo and behold, I didn't shoot anyone! What you may ask!? You mean a shootout over an accident didn't occur on the streets!? I know, shocking...

But yeah, it seems that nobody was hurt, which is good, and it looks like that the other driver was at fault (rear ended).

The police were professional when I notified them that I was carrying and had a CHL, simply telling me not to play with it while we were interacting and didn't harass or anything.

Just something out of the ordinary (not the police encounter, but the accident itself) I thought I'd share.

Sure scared the hell out of me, looked around nervously for blood right after the impact XD

First time I've been in one.

2. Remove Ads

NMB
    What firearm did you have on you and how were you carrying it? (IWB, Pocket, etc).

Glad to hear everyone's ok and that the LEO's handled things correctly.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Had a similar incident about a year ago, total non-event. I am sure it would have upset the brady gang since there was no shoot out.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Glad to hear there were no injuries... You can always replace property, you can't replace life... I hope you and the other driver have adequate insurance to cover all the damages.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    What firearm did you have on you and how were you carrying it? (IWB, Pocket, etc).

Glad to hear everyone's ok and that the LEO's handled things correctly.
    I had my Glock 19 IWB on my right side.

captain sarcasm to save the day!!!

.....you mean your gun didn't take it upon itself to make things right with a good old fashioned shootout? how out of character for a gun!!!!!!
    jerp and babarock like this.

I know the feeling of looking for blood. I was in my first accident and expected the typical TV crash scene, with copious amounts of blood splattered all over the inside of the car... I got away with a concussion, whiplash, some scratches and bruises, but no blood.

Glad to hear you ok and that your gun didn't jump out of your holster and run around firing itself
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Amazing! You mean to tell me there wasn't some sort of time warp type effect over your vision that effectively transported you to the wild west where a shoot out where the total carrying capacity of your gun was exceeded several times over without reloading

Glad you are ok, and that everything went well. But man, for a gun not to go bang and kill. I think you might want to send your gun back yo the factory and have them look at it, might be something wrong.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    While I wasn't in an accident, I recently witnessed one where a person ran a red light and hit another car. After checking to make sure everyone was alright I called the 911 dispatcher for assistance. When the LEO arrived I informed him I had my permit and was armed. His only comment was; "good, glad to know I'm not the only one". Guess my gun felt safe with him there too, it didn't go off half cocked!
    stancehold and babarock like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Glad everyone was ok!

When I first started carrying I thought everyone knew or was going to find out I was carrying. Looking back I have to laugh. Anymore, I really do not even think about informing or telling anyone as long as I am carrying lawfully. It is not anyones business and I should proceed by staying concealed as I first started. However, I also respect anyones judgement to inform LEO if they wish. Carrying is a personal choice with many decisions that are made during the journey.
    NRA Member
    XD 9 EDC
    Ruger LC9 with Crimson Laser BUG
    Marlin 30/30

Glad you are okay.

I had a similar experience a few years back. After I informed the officer I was carrying, he asked where it was. I told him it was in my front right pocket. He said, "Okay, just don't put your hand in your pocket". Very calm and professional.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Glad you're ok keep carrying
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Well this was a big non-event...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Here's to the non-event. Very glad you are ok.

Kurt
    .45acpguy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links