OH Now Honors Kansas – State Emergency Laws

This is a discussion on OH Now Honors Kansas – State Emergency Laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Ohio AG is reporting they have signed a Reciprocity Agreement with Kansas. KS already honored an Ohio Permit/License. This brings to 23 the number ...

Thread: OH Now Honors Kansas – State Emergency Laws

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

OH Now Honors Kansas – State Emergency Laws

The Ohio AG is reporting they have signed a Reciprocity Agreement with Kansas. KS already honored an Ohio Permit/License. This brings to 23 the number of states Ohio Honors. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine - Reciprocity agreements

I have added the Emergency Act Laws for most states to their restrictive state page. Many had to be edited for length but I have supplied a link to the Statute so you can explore those laws further. Also be aware that there is most likely Administrative Rules that apply to a States Emergency Rules. My main point was to show if the state had a Law against the Confiscation or limiting the carry of firearms doing a declared emergency. I want to say “Thank You” again to all those who assisted with the Emergency Laws.

In the last couple weeks I have gone through Handgunlaw.us checking every link on all state pages and documents. I try to do this about every six months. If you find a broken link please let me know and I will repair it.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Good to see that we are returning the favor to Kansas. There is some new legislation in the beginning phases, that would mean OH would honor several more states, but they are still looking for co-sponsors, so it is a way from even getting out of committee. Here is a link: Important Pro-Gun Legislation to be Introduced in the Ohio House of Representatives

Gary, I looked through the ORC, and could find nothing for Ohio on the emergency powers. If anyone would know, it would probably be Kenneth Hanson, who you should be able to contact through the BFA. He is a lawyer, on our side, and very active in getting pro-firearms laws passed in the state. Just a thought.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    buckeye .45,

Here is what I have on any restrictions in Ohio:

3761.16 Areas Threatened By Riot May Be Cordoned Off.
    The chief administrative officer of a political subdivision with police powers, when engaged in suppressing a riot or when there is a clear and present danger of a riot, may cordon off any area or areas threatened by the riot and prohibit persons from entering the cordoned off area or areas except when carrying on necessary and legitimate pursuits and may prohibit the sale, offering for sale, dispensing, or transportation of firearms or other dangerous weapons, ammunition, dynamite, or other dangerous explosives in, to, or from the cordoned off areas. Effective Date: 07-01-1996
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

good deal, very glad to see it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links