Has anyone ever carried a Desert Eagle?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever carried a Desert Eagle? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lately I've been wanting a Desert Eagle really bad... but I can't justify spending 1500 on a pistol that I'll never carry, or be able ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Has anyone ever carried a Desert Eagle?

Has anyone ever carried a Desert Eagle?

Lately I've been wanting a Desert Eagle really bad... but I can't justify spending 1500 on a pistol that I'll never carry, or be able to practice much due to cost (I reload, but I think it would still be substantial)

I've handled one a while ago and I don't think I could every carry such a massive thing and would probably be overkill anyways

but it got me thinking... Does or has anyone ever carried a desert eagle?

I am drooling at a .50ae version and the old lady is aware and might be setting one up for my birthday or xmas next year... LOL

I showed her a Sako TRG42 .338 and I told her "I want it" she asked if I'd prefer a TRG42 or a Desert Eagle. even that was a tough choice for me! Both would probably end up being novelty pieces for me that won't get much use. I thought of spending that money towards a high quality 1911 instead, but I want me a deagle!

so all in short, anyone carry a desert eagle here? lol

perhaps in one of these? Specialty Holsters, Taurus Judge Magnum, Public Defender, Desert Eagle, 629 N -Frame, 686 L Frame, S&W .500, S&W.460,

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I already have a limp and think a Desert Eagle would just make worse, nope not going to give it a try.
    tcox4freedom and Aceoky like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

You could use one of these to carry it too....

I nave carried one in a custom made pancake style belt holster when out plinking along the river. Although that style of holster holds the gun high and is designed to make heavy guns easier to carry the pistol is just to heavy. I have been thinking of finding someone who makes a heavy shoulder rig to carry it in. That might make it easier. Even if that works out for plinking or hunting rig I do not believe that anything could turn a Desert Eagle into a all day carry piece.

Michael

Never carried one, but have shot one. I liked it for the novelty as you mentioned but wouldn't care to shoot it often or carry it. My personal pick before that would be Five-Seven.

I do own a Sako TRG-22, in .308. It would be harder for me to find a place where I could stretch the legs on a TRG-42 .338 Lapua. Great rifle that I wanted for awhile and is a pleasure to shoot. I wish that I had skill to use it to it's full capacity, but I just keep working on it.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

no, the Desert Eagle is only for the movies, not for carry.......thing weighs like five pounds.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I held a gold DE...for 10 seconds. Put it back into the hands of the GS worker and never looked back.

I would not attempt to carry one, and I most certainly do not ever want to own one.

Maybe a drop-leg holster with a trench coat would work.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I have several, they are great for hunting. I carry a 50 in bear country and have needed it,but as concealed carry over penetration would be a problem. The 50 will go thru a block wall ,a car level 3a armor ;the size of the gun is not the issue but knowing that you are not going to kill six kids down the block.

The 357 would be a waste , same weight less knock down.
    Better 12 judging than 6 carrying

Hahaha, thanks for the comments guys!

I love the 5-7 too... But i love. I bullets more...

my old lady seems to be mesmerized by them as well. You know you got the right girl when she wants to get you a desert eagle or a sako for a birthday.

Is 50ae reloaded much? I would assume to because of the high cost of other round...

VIP Member
    Strap a cinder block on your hip for a day, then decide if you want to try carrying a DE. On the other hand, once you carry a DE for a few days, you can talk to people about how sleek and easy to carry a HiPoint is!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

mkh
    One of the guys on my security team carried one concealed in a shoulder hoster one Sunday just to prove it was possible. He is a big guy though and us normal people would probably get tired of it quickly.
    NONAME762 likes this.

I carry a fullsize pistol 60 hours a week at a hard labor job, people say a full size is too big and heavy, all I can say is "thats what she said"

And a deagle is too big and heavy to carry, but doable
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Never heard of anyone actually carrying a DE, but here's a holster for it:

Leather DESERT EAGLE Belt Holster

Attached Images

Senior Moderator
    I carried one for a day on a dare from my old manager (I worked at a gun store). We had been given a holster for one so I strapped it on (empty, mind you) and carried it around. Even empty it did not take long for the thing to get just ridiculously heavy. I was banging into stuff with it because it was hanging down my leg. It was not comfortable and I didn't even TRY to conceal it.

It looks good in the movies but is exceptionally impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Never heard of anyone actually carrying a DE, but here's a holster for it:

Leather DESERT EAGLE Belt Holster

Yeah, right Anything much heavier than my PM9 is going to yank on those Dockers belt loops. Especially when you dont use that 3:00 loop. But somehow, that .50ae anvil doesnt even tug at his pants. That holster must be amazing!
    JCabranes likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links