Height, Weight, Firearm & Carry Method? - Page 14

Height, Weight, Firearm & Carry Method?

This is a discussion on Height, Weight, Firearm & Carry Method? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 6'7" 240 lbs Mon-Fri I pocket carry a LCP w/crimson trace grips and a spare mag. I work in a NPE so it's the most ...

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Height, Weight, Firearm & Carry Method?

6'7"
    240 lbs

Mon-Fri I pocket carry a LCP w/crimson trace grips and a spare mag. I work in a NPE so it's the most gun I can carry.

Nights/weekends I usually carry a Glock 19/26 or a Kahr PM9 iwb appendix or 4 o'clock. Usually have the LCP as a BUG. 99% of the time I carry a spare mag for the primary gun. I use a RDR Custom Kydex micro carry for appendix or a Galco King-Tuck for 4 o'clock.

5' 4" 180LB

Lcp in Uncle Mikes front pocket holster "anytime"
    NAA 22Mag in leather front pocket holster "running out real quick"
    Lcp in ITAC paddle "winter"
    Kahr cm9 In a leather front pocket holster "when I have on baggy enough pants"
    Kahr cm9 In a Leather IWB "when I feel like it

Sig p250C on a magnet mount in my car at all times when I'm on the road.

6', 185, Alessi clip on for Kimber compact, appendix carry.

5'10 280lbs carry at about 3:00 Glock 27 IWB Galco summer comfort or when I feel like it desantis pocket holster

6'5" 300 lbs
    Winter time is easy, and cold hereabouts.....I have 2 SigTac jackets, long & short, which have internal holsters, which will conceal anything from a P226 down, as long as you balance it with comparable weight on the other side....dependent on where I am headed, and what I plan to be doing, ie. will I be up close and personal, or maintaining my own space, that typically will be either a Sig P239 SAS .357Sig, or a Sig P232, or occasionally an S&W 438 J frame .38. When indoors, those get transitioned to either the appropriate Crossbreed SnapSlide, or High Noon SlideGuard, covered with a Duluth Traders Long Tail shirt. Those holsters are superbly crafted, and do not pinch my love handles. Both the 438 and the 232 work well in my Robert Mika pocket holsters too.

I expect people will criticize me carrying a variety of different pistols, but I assure you I am equally adept with all of them, and, more importantly, to my self preservation, if I had to grab and use someone else's pistol, odds are that not only would I have no problem running it, I likely will be able to shoot it nearly as well, or better, than they can. While I often trade and try alternative pistols, my core collection includes the following: Sig P239 .357Sig, P232 .380, H&K USPc .40, and my trusty S&W .438. I have CT lasers on the 438 and the 239. All of the Autos have tritium night sights and factory custom shop tuned actions.

Older male, 6ft-1in, 200lbs, carrying either a Ruger KLCR .357/.38spl OWB Cross Draw in a Mitch Rosen Belt Slide or Wild Bill's Fusion Holster, or IWB in a PJ Holsters Kydex Clip-On at 9:15-9:30 or Appendix (still experimenting). Alternate Ruger with a Kahr CM9 OWB Cross Draw in a Mitch Rosen BS or IWB, as with the Ruger, with an Andrew's Leather McDaniel II CD at same positions as Ruger. Because of shoulder and neck injuries, CD is much more comfortable and easier to draw, especially when driving.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

5"7. 180 lbs. In winter with heavy coat cary m&p 40 owb with blackhawk holster, summer month I wear a vest with built in holsters(love this setup) most people don't know I cary. Inlaws shocked to know I carried around them for over 2 years before they found out.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Male, 5'6" 110lbs, Walther PPQ 9mm, and the most comfortable EDC method I've found so far is wearing an undershirt with a belly-band holster allowing for the gun, and two spare 15 round mags without taking any belt space, pocket space, or adding weight to my ankles. Mind you I've been through 39 years of type I diabetes, and 4 organ transplants among other medical issues, so while I'm considered disabled, I am still mobile, but pretty thin. It's difficult to find a method of carry that doesn't easily print for me, especially living in the South, where it's HOT much of the year. Michigan was the opposite and easier to hide a sidearm. I do have a 'crossbreed' style holster as well as a leather OWB strong side type holster (Winthrop) but both press into my hip while being used due to not having much of a waist circumference. Now, I have a Multiholsters.com "TC" trigger cover holster (like GlockTech's MIC holster) on order, and when it arrives, I'll be giving that a go as well.

I'm also looking at buying an M&P Shield when I've got the funds, as a Summer carry gun.

6'0 195 crossbreed supertuc @8 sig 2022 .357

6'0" 200 pounds - Glock 21 SF at about 11:30 in a Dale Fricke Archangel...for now.

For the previous 5 years it was a custom 1911 in an IWB from Mark Garrity at 3:00.

Austin

5'10" 195 I carry a PA-63 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at the 3 o'clock position year-round. Looking to upgrade my EDC, but this one goes bang every time, and I've put in the hours training with it, so it's working for me for now. Summer I wear t-shirts untucked, when it cools down I live in hoodies.

Height, Weight, Firearm & Carry Method?

5'6" 135 g17 aiwb

6', ~250#, recently switched to a Ruger SR9c in an Ace Case IWB.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

6'2 280 LC9 @ 3:30 Sticky Holister some days... XD Compact .40 same location crossbreed super tuck

5'8" 175 lbs

Glock 23c Crossbreed Supertuck @ 3:30 or Blackhawk! pouch-style holster appendix carry
    Sig P226 Crossbreed Supertuck @ 3:30 or Galco Fletch @ 3:30
    Smith and Wesson M36 Blackhawk! pouch-style holster appendix carry
    Smith and Wesson M686 2.5" Blackhawk pouch-style holster appendix carry
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

Sponsored Links