Marine and Nurse both take plea deals.

This is a discussion on Marine and Nurse both take plea deals. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is already running in my other post but in case you missed it. Please lets not make this a NYC gun laws are Illegal,Unjust, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Marine and Nurse both take plea deals.

This is already running in my other post but in case you missed it.

Please lets not make this a NYC gun laws are Illegal,Unjust, Blah blah posting

Marine’s no-jail gun deal

The ex-Marine busted for trying to check his Indiana-registered gun at the Empire State Building got a no-jail, misdemeanor deal yesterday.

“I definitely did not know it was illegal to bring a gun into New York City,” Ryan Jerome, 29, of South Bend, said after pleading guilty in Manhattan Criminal Court, one day after nurse Meredith Graves agreed to a similar deal for trying to check her Tennessee-registered gun at the 9/11 Memorial.

Jerome had insisted he checked a gun-law reciprocity site on his smartphone, but a formatting error made it look like Indiana-registered guns are OK in New York, rather than the other way around.

Ryan Jerome “As far as Indiana goes, everybody’s grandma’s got a gun,” he joked yesterday.

Jerome and Graves were initially charged with felony weapons possession, a charge that carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years in prison.

Read more: Ex-Marine busted for trying to check Indiana-registered gun at Empire State Building gets no-jail deal - NYPOST.com
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Me thinks as soon as his military background came out in a not so favorable light he came to his senses. His lawyer was touting what an outstanding Marine he was.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Typical New York media. I don't know any ex-Marines, period! Lots of friends are former Marines though.
    BkCo1, slave, gasmitty and 2 others like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Who says NY has no reciprocity with other states. The nurse then the marine and a few weeks before them a young man from Florida was caught with a 9mm In his glove box when pulled over and no one received the MANDATORY 3 1/2 years. Bloomberg has started reciprocity and doesn't realize it.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I wonder if they got their gun back? I bet not. I also wonder if the misdemeanor plea voids their home state permit. An easily avoided problem.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

NY gets Zero of my dollars.
    RETSUPT99, TVille, tkruf and 1 others like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

The only way they could get their guns back they would have to sell them to somebody who have a NYC carry permit who would transfer them to a NY FFL and ship them back to their home state FFL who would transferthe guns back to them. Is it worth the hassle? I don't think so.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

The article said that they might be able to keep their home state CCW. I am sure they will have some explaining to do. If I was a gambling man I would say they get to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor man View Post
    Who says NY has no reciprocity with other states. The nurse then the marine and a few weeks before them a young man from Florida was caught with a 9mm In his glove box when pulled over and no one received the MANDATORY 3 1/2 years. Bloomberg has started reciprocity and doesn't realize it.
    I sure hope that the States I have reciprocity with don't arrest me take my gun and end up convicting me of a misdemeanor in a plea deal,after I have to spend money on Lawyer fees,and probably paid a huge fine.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I have a hard time having any sympathy for either of them. If your going to carry a gun, know the law. If your going to carry a gun into another state, definitely research the laws of that state. I find it hard to believe anyone who isn't living with their head in the sand wouldn't know how gun unfriendly places like NYC, IL, NJ and CA are.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    NY gets Zero of my dollars.
    BINGO!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

We were going to go camping and fishing up in NY this year, but have decided to go to VA instead!
    spike likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The wife has wanted to go to NYC...I won't set foot in that place, nor spend one dime on anything FROM there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I have a hard time having any sympathy for either of them. If your going to carry a gun, know the law. If your going to carry a gun into another state, definitely research the laws of that state. I find it hard to believe anyone who isn't living with their head in the sand wouldn't know how gun unfriendly places like NYC, IL, NJ and CA are.
    I agree. It would behoove anyone traveling to those locations to perform "extra research" on those jurisdictions before traveling there.

And unless you live under a rock, you should know that.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Typical New York media. I don't know any ex-Marines, period! Lots of friends are former Marines though.
    I don't know any former Marines. All the ones I know are active or retired, but always a Marine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links