New Michigan legislation..

This is a discussion on New Michigan legislation.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks interesting, but the highly trained part is a stretch.... Handgun reforms, including allowing concealed pistols in school and other public places, passes Senate committee ...

Thread: New Michigan legislation..

New Michigan legislation..

2. Remove Ads

Sen Meekof open carried to show how stupid the PFZ laws are!

Sen Meekhof wears gun to Committee vote | WOOD TV8

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Interesting to see if this will pass.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I'll be waiting with baited breath with my fingers and toes crossed.

I wonder who gets the $41 which the issuing county won't get if it is later than 45 days in issuing CPL?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

This is a good deal if it passes, and I believe the concenses is that it will pass. I personally do not see a need to carry a gun into a school but my wife works in a hospital and if I want to have lunch with her now I have to either disarm or open carry. I have done both and so far the open carry hasn't been an issue, but when I do that I normally am just going in to drop off paperwork or pick up a prescription at the pharmacy counter. When I do that I just try and keep my strong side hip to the wall and away from people's view.
    Does anyone know if ALL the the restricted zones will be allowed with the additional training? The articles I saw mentioned churches, and I think schools, but what about hospitals, bars and sports arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I'll be waiting with baited breath with my fingers and toes crossed.

I wonder who gets the $41 which the issuing county won't get if it is later than 45 days in issuing CPL?
    Woudn't those worms be put to better use fishing?

Try "bated breath", it smells better.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On topic, what about 9 more class hours and a few more rounds downrange make one safer in churches, schools and other "public places"? Shouldn't the information needed (the laws) be covered sufficiently in the regular class?

Oh, wait, I've looked at some of the laws in other states - they are long, numerous, complex and serpentine. Makes me glad to be where I am, SD's laws are few, short, and simple.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    If this passes, it will be just one step toward a less restricted CPL in general. So, maybe in ten years this advanced CPL will become the standard. It's just a round-a-bout way to deal with PFZs, which we have been unsuccessful in removing, at least so far.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    If this passes, it will be just one step toward a less restricted CPL in general. So, maybe in ten years this advanced CPL will become the standard. It's just a round-a-bout way to deal with PFZs, which we have been unsuccessful in removing, at least so far.
    Yep, Im glad to see it. Especially with all that has happened in florida. I was sure that any less restricted guns laws would be put on the back burner for awhile..

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Here's how this was reported locally in Motown

Mich. Senator's Plan Would Allow More Guns in More Places
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Links