CC with hippies

This is a discussion on CC with hippies within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been hiking more. 2 reasons. 1, I like to challenge nature, and hiking is one challenge nature lets me win a little on. 2, it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: CC with hippies

CC with hippies

Been hiking more. 2 reasons. 1, I like to challenge nature, and hiking is one challenge nature lets me win a little on. 2, it helps foster skills used in another activity I like, hunting.

I've found myself seeking people who like to hike, and they are not the gun carrying / hunter kind. On the other end, are militia types, and while I have nothing against them, there is an element there more dangerous then I want to take a chance with in association.

So, the wife wats to walk with the psydo-hippie nature freeks. I'm ok with that, but I want to carry regardless of their thoughts. Woods carry requires a little more gun then I normally carry CC.

Normally this is a OC situation for me, so anyone have any ideas on an easy to access CC for a full size glock that is as comfortable as OC on 10 or so mile hikes during the summer.

Currently I OC but then wear a dark but thin material baggy long sleeve button shirt. Works, and sort of looks like I'm wearing a fanny pack or cammera pack. I think the hippies are on to me, as I never take off the shirt, or take out a cammera.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Perfect excuse to buy another glock. Glock 29sf loaded with 200 grain hard cast. Perfect concealable woods gun. Blame your wife. Just come hOme with it. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    gunthorp and thephanatik like this.

My "hippy" friends could care less. They are Bona Fide "Hippies too". The "real deal"........ A G 36 will work too.

Have you just asked them if they care? Might be a conversation starter.

VIP Member
    Can't think of a better reason to buy a full size 1911. Slim, easy to conceal and plenty of stopping power with 230 gr FMJ.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm an executive/redneck/hippy. Suit and tie by day in the financial executive role, tie die shirts/flip flops/60s music/hippy Volkswagens by night. Born and raised mountain redneck and still love hunting, fishing, and shooting. All of my buddies laugh because no one would ever look at me given what I wear and drive and imagine I carry a gun. I guess I don't really fit into any predetermined category. Here is one of my VWs, all freehand painted by me over the last few years. More painting to go.

If the "hippies" say anything or act weird about it, remind them that not everyone is peace loving...including the cougars, bears, and coyotes.
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have a lot of hippie buds as well. Sometimes there isnt a more outspoken group of people than the hippie generation when it comes to our rights as humans and americans. They trash on me cause of my military background,but they are the first to acknowledge me come veterans day. I have a good ole peace lovin hippie old timer that lives down the road from me. I know for a fact if the SHTF,he'd be the first to cover my six.And I have a sneaky suspicion that he knows his way around a pistol. I tend to trust and respect people because of the old golden rule. I wouldnt trade my beetnik buddies for anything!
    Woods carry for me up here is my 357 revolver. You just never know what you'll encounter. Modern day meth lab addicts seem to be popping up in places that most folks would'nt think about. Then,theres the chance that a rabid coyote or wolf might try to get stupid with me too
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

VIP Member
    My Brommeland Max-Con V carries my Glock very nicely on hikes, walks and bicycle rides.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    well, here in alabama most of the hippies have guns. i think the hippies in San Francisco are a different sort. i guess our hippies are "redneck hippies". they dress the part, but the vehicles are vans or pickups, and most of them are vets. they love the woods, live outside of town, and enjoy fishing and hunting.
    BugDude likes this.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    If they mouth off ask if they consider it cool to become one with nature by having a cougar gnaw on their empty skulls.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    If ur going to be walking a lot I would get something light....after a few miles the weight will start to work on you...Now if ur going be in bear country 10 mm or 44 mag up...
    BugDude likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Remember a true hippie is open minded, one that has a closed mind is just like the "man"

Buy a tie dyed holster, rub petiole oil on it, and slap a peace symbol on there and just OC it. Top that with a Cartman "It's all a bunch of tree huggin' hippy crap" t shirt.
    BugDude, Honk, Maxwell47 and 3 others like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Buy a tie dyed holster, rub petiole oil on it, and slap a peace symbol on there and just OC it. Top that with a Cartman "It's all a bunch of tree huggin' hippy crap" t shirt.
    ROFL
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm an executive/redneck/hippy. Suit and tie by day in the financial executive role, tie die shirts/flip flops/60s music/hippy Volkswagens by night. Born and raised mountain redneck and still love hunting, fishing, and shooting. All of my buddies laugh because no one would ever look at me given what I wear and drive and imagine I carry a gun. I guess I don't really fit into any predetermined category. Here is one of my VWs, all freehand painted by me over the last few years. More painting to go.

If the "hippies" say anything or act weird about it, remind them that not everyone is peace loving...including the cougars, bears, and coyotes.
    I think many people have this weird stereotype in their heads of what a hippie is or was. They are not a yuppie.
    I guess they all had to live it... to understand that. I like your VW.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    If they mouth off ask if they consider it cool to become one with nature by having a cougar gnaw on their empty skulls.
    a true hippie's answer to that will undoubtedly be "yes". just promise that you'll only use it to protect your wife and yourself and you should be good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links