Noticing a new trend - Page 5

Noticing a new trend

This is a discussion on Noticing a new trend within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good thread!! Lots of good, respectful back-and-forth discussion, each round (Mostly) refining the issues and counter-points. Lots of thought-provoking ideas and concepts to think through. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Noticing a new trend

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Good thread!! Lots of good, respectful back-and-forth discussion, each round (Mostly) refining the issues and counter-points. Lots of thought-provoking ideas and concepts to think through. Well done everybody!!
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    People can say whatever they want, when it comes down to it - nobody knows what they'll do in my opinion. Everything goes out the window except (hopefully) self defense training.

One area I certainly need to work on... the knowledge that I would almost always brandish when defense of my kids or wife is involved.

I'm fairly sure that if it's just me and BG, no sidearm comes into play unless they show one first.

When it comes to my family however... I think that I might over-react to easily.

Luckily, I've not yet had to find out.

This has got my wheels spinning from the thread Harryball started about what happened to him in a local convenience store.

Another good thread here, thanx suntzu.

Threads like this one is why I joined DC and remain here.

All good things to knock my one-track mind off its course every now and then!!!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

xXxplosive and limatunes both make excellent points.

Reference a previous thread I started.

SA can save your butt, even when not packin.

I believe that if I and my friend had not reacted to the approaching young man I would have found out what his intentions were. I am perfectly happy not knowing till this day.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links