Spread this video - it may help convince someone to carry

This is a discussion on Spread this video - it may help convince someone to carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may have been posted before. I am not sure. But I just watched it and I have to say that the video, along with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Spread this video - it may help convince someone to carry

Distinguished Member

This may have been posted before. I am not sure. But I just watched it and I have to say that the video, along with some 911 calls included in it, may be the little kick that some of the people who don't think they should carry need.

A COP ESPOUSES CONCEALED CARRY,VIDEO - YouTube
    beararms and Stubborn like this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Its a great ad for needing a permit.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I find the sound of someone screaming in fear/last moments to be absolutely disturbing. It literally makes me sick. I hope I never have to hear something like that first hand in my lifetime.
    Dadsnugun and Civil_Response like this.

It's a choice, you either defend yourself, or willingly become a victim.
    Gforty likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by INHUMAN View Post
    I find the sound of someone screaming in fear/last moments to be absolutely disturbing. It literally makes me sick. I hope I never have to hear something like that first hand in my lifetime.
    When I was an LEO in a town with a population around 30,000,our response time was between 10 and 15 minutes depending on where we were at and traffic.A lot can happen in 10 minutes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Good video. As he stated though it is the "First Step" to get the CCW, there are many steps after that.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INHUMAN View Post
    I completely agree with you on that. It is horribly disturbing and it is extremely sad to know what happened and that again, the police were minutes away when seconds counted. Hopefully this can spur others to take appropriate precautions. And that isn't necessarily meaning getting a concealed carry permit. Home protection would have been what was needed in that case.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

The long and short of it is....He is right.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    He really drives the message home, I Only wish we had a lot more LEO's and a ton more Politicians with that kind of insight.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Powerful message. The only thing I may disagree with him on is the idea that you "don't need to carry all the time, but if you going somewhere you would be more comfortable if you did carry.." (paraphrased). I have a personal rule that I will not go anywhere with my handgun that I would not go to if I was not carrying.
    accessbob likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Powerful message. The only thing I may disagree with him on is the idea that you "don't need to carry all the time, but if you going somewhere you would be more comfortable if you did carry.." (paraphrased). I have a personal rule that I will not go anywhere with my handgun that I would not go to if I was not carrying.
    Amen to that. You do not know when, or where, you may need protection. Criminals strike anywhere and at any time, even in the middle of the day in the middle of a bunch of people. It just doesn't make sense to selectively carry (unless you have to go somehwere that is restricted by law).
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

As long as we're looking at videos that drive the point home, keep this one handy as well.

Suzanna Gratia Hupp Second Amendment - YouTube
    NavyAirdale and accessbob like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    As long as we're looking at videos that drive the point home, keep this one handy as well.

Suzanna Gratia Hupp Second Amendment - YouTube
    She was it, she pushed for ccw in Texas and what happen to her parents at the luby's stuck with a lot of people. One person could have changed a lot of lives that day and because of that we now have CCW here in Texas

this is one I will never forget

As he stated though it is the "First Step" to get the CCW, there are many steps after that.
    If you read Armed Citizen, you see that in many cases, successful defense with a firearm is carried out by people with little or no training. If you have a gun, all you have to do is point it and pull the trigger.

We do occasionally on forums like this give the impression that it's a great deal more difficult than that, and this does run the risk of intimidating people into thinking that you have to train like a soldier, taking all manner of classes and firing thousands of rounds regularly in order to be competent with a firearm.

We who do train and work at it are, arguably, trying to enlarge the possible window of events in which we can succeed in a defensive scenario. Multiple targets, moving targets, hard-to-hit targets. Drawing under tough conditions, drawing quickly, drawing against the drop. Reloading, recovering from FTFs and FTEs, and ammunition management.

There's also the mental game: Situational awareness, preparedness, levels of engagement. And willingness to follow through.

The more you do, the more you train, the more you study, the better your odds against a wider variety of threats.

If you're on the path of the modern urban warrior, then in addition you are working on your FoF skills, H2H skills, and facility with edged and blunt and throwing weapons. There's no limit to how much you can do and no end to the program.

Still, if nothing else, sure you can buy a gun, load it, and have it available and that will likely cover a lot of ground if you're willing to use it.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links