Sig Sauer Tacops Carry Review

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer Tacops Carry Review within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had any range time with the Sig Sauer TACOPS carry ? It comes in both threaded and non-threaded barrel configurations. Yes, there are ...

Thread: Sig Sauer Tacops Carry Review

Has anyone had any range time with the Sig Sauer TACOPS carry ?

It comes in both threaded and non-threaded barrel configurations.
    Yes, there are other 1911's - but I I would really appreciate any feedback on this model.

Thanks in advance DC Nation!
    Attached Images
    ~ Sigsi Paige

VIP Member
    I haven't had my hands on one. However, as a Sig fan I did some searching about a year back.

Found this review: http://tinyurl.com/6suj3so

Back off because of the "Okay, now for the bad news, my sample TACOPS came with a terrible trigger-pull. Oh, the trigger broke at 5-lbs, and that's more than acceptable for combat work. However, the trigger was very mushy - it felt like I was squeezing an over-cooked baked potato - I kid you not. Of course, part of this is due to the TACOPS using the Colt-style Series 80 firing pin safety - it adds parts to the trigger pull on a 1911, and it only complicates the entire trigger pull sequence. The Blackwater 1911 I tested had a very crisp trigger pull of slightly over 3-1/2 lbs. However, I find a 4-to-5 pound trigger pull more than acceptable for combat work - and the TACOPS is designed for combat!"

Please keep us advised of what you find.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I haven't had my hands on one. However, as a Sig fan I did some searching about a year back.

Found this review: http://tinyurl.com/6suj3so

Back off because of the "Okay, now for the bad news, my sample TACOPS came with a terrible trigger-pull. Oh, the trigger broke at 5-lbs, and that's more than acceptable for combat work. However, the trigger was very mushy - it felt like I was squeezing an over-cooked baked potato - I kid you not. Of course, part of this is due to the TACOPS using the Colt-style Series 80 firing pin safety - it adds parts to the trigger pull on a 1911, and it only complicates the entire trigger pull sequence. The Blackwater 1911 I tested had a very crisp trigger pull of slightly over 3-1/2 lbs. However, I find a 4-to-5 pound trigger pull more than acceptable for combat work - and the TACOPS is designed for combat!"

Please keep us advised of what you find.

Thanks!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Links