Judge rules in North Carolina law

This is a discussion on Judge rules in North Carolina law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Judge limits NC ban on guns during emergencies :: WRAL.com...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard58
  • 1 Post By accessbob
  • 3 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: Judge rules in North Carolina law

Distinguished Member
    beararms likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Nice
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Always good to see something like this happen. I love any law that puts more restriction on the government in regards to what they can deny citizens.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

The comments there - wow!

I like this one:
    Safety classes should be required for all guns and should be review every 4 to 6 years
    I'd be happy to send my guns to safety class, that way they won't be shooting themselves all the time.

The commenter also tied driving in with that comment - I would like to see drivers get refresher training and testing. That would save more lives and property than all the gun safety classes in the world.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member
    There was also the commenter who commented that there were accidental shootings every day (or almost every day). Even if there were one per day (365/366 per year) that the number of people injured and killed by automobiles, and/or trucks, far outstrips this, but yet they don't cry for more regulations, or outright banning of automobiles and trucks. I hazard a guess (no data to back it up) that there are more fatalities per year from mistakes at hospitals than there are from accidental gun deaths. Where are the outcries to more highly regulate, or ban, hospitals for their apparent lack of sufficient training or oversight (sarcasm there).

Just blows my mind what some people get to thinking.
    MleeC likes this.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

man if guns kill people than forks make people fat and pencils misspell words

If guns cause crime, mine are all defective.

Some people (that I deal with regularly) have the utopian idea that if guns are somehow banned, stripped away from people or so severely regulated, that it somehow will stop all the crime associated with firearms.

Stupid.

I have tried making my point on how firearms in a good way prevent bad things from happening a good chunk of the time, but it always falls on deaf ears.

Their comments are "That is why we have the Police" or "Why do you need a gun? People are not going to hurt or kill you all the time" blah, blah, blah.

I just quitely ignore them and don't even try to argue. It seldom works.
    MleeC, accessbob and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Interesting. If used properly, than it should not be a problem.

Am I just DENSE, or what?

"The Winston-Salem Journal reports (Federal judge says N.C. can't ban all citizens' guns during emergencies | JournalNow.com) that Judge Malcolm Howard upheld the state law while limiting the state's power to a ban guns except at the owner's own home."

The way I read it, the state can only ban guns at a persons' home. That just doesn't make sense. TYPO? I Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    Am I just DENSE, or what?

"The Winston-Salem Journal reports (Federal judge says N.C. can't ban all citizens' guns during emergencies | JournalNow.com) that Judge Malcolm Howard upheld the state law while limiting the state's power to a ban guns except at the owner's own home."

The way I read it, the state can only ban guns at a persons' home. That just doesn't make sense. TYPO? I Hope.
    You're misreading it. Emergency powers could ban guns, except in the home. But, does the dismissal of the counties mean that they could ban legal carry in an emergency, or does the state have preemption?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

VIP Member
    Present Governor had been putting in a provision in states of emergency that allowed guns to be carried and used for all legal purposes; hopefully, the next Gov will do the same instead of appealing this decision..

Links