Wisconsin, if Walker is recalled...

This is a discussion on Wisconsin, if Walker is recalled... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. If our governor is recalled this summer, will the democrats go after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Wisconsin, if Walker is recalled...

Wisconsin, if Walker is recalled...

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. If our governor is recalled this summer, will the democrats go after our concealed carry? My thought is no as they seem focused on the Unions and collective bargaining rights. Thoughts???
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

2. Remove Ads

Dems, Repubs... does it matter? I was living in the PRK when Gray Davis was recalled and we ended up with the Governator... That worked out real well for gunnies, huh... /edit - I got the heck out. Now if I could just physically slap some sense into my friends and family..
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by BrianRx74 View Post
    I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. If our governor is recalled this summer, will the democrats go after our concealed carry? My thought is no as they seem focused on the Unions and collective bargaining rights. Thoughts???
    What 'ifing' is fine but never solves much. I believe someone posted elsewhere in this forym that the Wisconsin right to carry bill was passed by a good sized bipartisan vote. The biggest problem that held up the CC law was the former governor. Every time it came across his desk he would not sign it.

With that said as voters we need to keep informed on what our representatives support/believe in. We also need to let our representatives know what we strongly believe it and why.
    rstanek and mrkurt like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Curious as to how many Democrats or Republicans that supported CC with Walker and now signed the recall petition because of the union cuts he made?

VIP Member
    There is no way to know what a politician will do, or at least try to do. The only thing you can do is be vigilant and be active in fighting for your rights.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    You bet they will go after CC. The democrats fought it in the legislature, especially the Madison and Milwaukee reps. Personal freedoms are an anathema to those people.
    goldmaster likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    You bet they will go after CC. The democrats fought it in the legislature, especially the Madison and Milwaukee reps. Personal freedoms are an anathema to those people.
    Going after it and getting it are two different things. As exemplified by Prohibition, the masses are very unwilling to give up a freedom once they have been allowed to enjoy it. The concealed carry genie will be an extremely tough one for them to try to shove back in the bottle, try as they might. If Walker does in fact get the boot, people will quickly realize that it is just as easy to get rid of the next guy as it was to get rid of the last one.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

It passed by a 25-8 margin, getting votes from all 19 Republicans and six Democrats. I think it will stand but like mentioned earlier by Crowman:
    voters we need to keep informed on what our representatives support/believe in. We also need to let our representatives know what we strongly believe it and why.
    That's the best thing we can do. We also need to keep informed on the Castle Doctrine since there has been shootings, I think that would be in more danger than CCW.

no change with CCW, but more problems for the state long term. union these days are political tool not help for workers anymore. Pretty sad.

Yes they will some of the Dem already vowed if they get the power back they will gut this law and get rid of it. No doubt it will shredded and then gone. Legal battle will ensue and then you have the liberal judges in Madison Legislating from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by oddballswar View Post
    It passed by a 25-8 margin, getting votes from all 19 Republicans and six Democrats. I think it will stand but like mentioned earlier by Crowman: That's the best thing we can do. We also need to keep informed on the Castle Doctrine since there has been shootings, I think that would be in more danger than CCW.
    No, the BEST thing would be to re-elect Walker! Knock those "recallers" dicks in the dirt. And make them pay for this nonsense.
    jrclen and Katana like this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Even if Walker survives the recall election, it appears he will be leaving office early due to violating laws on campaign management.

I can't recall if it is four, or five, of his former aides that worked for him as public servants, were working on his campaign illegally the first go round, and he already has a legal defense fund that can only be had if he's being investigated...

Seeing as the CC and CD laws were passed with bi-partisan support, we just need to keep electing enough pro-gun people to office and whatever party the Governor ends up being won't matter.

I'm just waiting to see who the next governor will be at this point. At this point going back to Tommy Thompson or Jim Doyle would be a vast improvement over our current Governor and one potential option of Tom Barrett who just joined the race again. I hope we pick a better candidate this go around then we did before. We need something other than corrupt northern Chicago politicians, I mean honest Milwaukee politicians..., as our choices to lead the state.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    We need something other than corrupt northern Chicago politicians, I mean honest Milwaukee politicians..., as our choices to lead the state.
    An honest politician has been an oxymoron for at least the last 50 years.

Now that the US Supreme Court has ruled that corporations (mainly their lobbyists) are entitled to constitutional rights and that regulating political contributions violates free speech (1st amendment) good luck find honest politicians.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post

I'm just waiting to see who the next governor will be at this point. At this point going back to Tommy Thompson or Jim Doyle would be a vast improvement over our current Governor and one potential option of Tom Barrett who just joined the race again.
    Really???. If you are posting on this forum, safe to assume you have CCW permit. Do you think you would have that permit if Doyle was still Gov. or if Barrett had been elected? Why don't you surrender your permit if you think either of those two are the better option. Where did you get the idea Walker will leave office even if wins the recall? I have heard nothing of this. Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. But hey, if you like paying more in taxes and wasteful spending in Madison, go ahead and vote for Barrett.
    mrkurt likes this.

Wisconsin, may become the new California.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links