Conceal Carry Channel for Beginners

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry Channel for Beginners within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am starting a YouTube channel aimed at people that are new to Conceal carry. I am looking for topics that you might have liked ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Conceal Carry Channel for Beginners

Question Conceal Carry Channel for Beginners

I am starting a YouTube channel aimed at people that are new to Conceal carry. I am looking for topics that you might have liked to see when you first started carrying.

Norm Walker

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Explanation of term "Wally Walk" and the feelings that will come with it.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Here are some of the terms that would have been helpful to me:

AIWB; IWB; the different "o'clock" positions for carrying; pros and cons of Small Of the Back carry; shoulder carry; t-shirts with carry pouches; belly bands; ankle carry; why use "gun belts"; suppliers of different kinds of holsters and what the pros and cons of them (different types of holsters) are; carrying "one in the pipe" and why; clothing choices that aid CCW and those that do not help.

Just off the top of my head--hope it helps. I'll be sure to visit your site on YouTube!

Carrying "cocked & locked" condition one and only while keeping your finger off the bang switch re-holstering.

A frank and in-depth discussion of "disparity of force" issues. Coupled with a frank discussion about the legalities of shooting an unarmed opponent.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I think you should direct them to the appropriate stickies in this forum.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

1. Gun safety
    2. When to shoot
    3. How to carry
    4. Know your laws
    Yoda, I am, yes.

1. Know the laws in your state.
    2. Know the laws in your state.
    3. Know the laws in your state.
    3a. Know the laws in your state, and any special subdivisions of the state you may visit... (like NY state vs. NY City) *
    4. Know the laws in any other state you plan to visit before you go.
    5. Understand "Reasonable Man" as it applies legally in all of the above.
    6. Now you can start talking about actually strapping one on... and all the accoutrement...
    6a. Gun safety Gun safety Gun safety
    7. Force on force laws.
    7a. Now, maybe you can actually strap one on and go for a walk.
    8. Now you can start training on draw, sight picture, getting off the x, and all the other "tactics."

*special note: our state has preemption (and so may yours)... our Attorney General has issued an opinion that counties and municipalities need not pay any attention to that... and I don't have the funds nor the inclination to be the test case, even the winning one.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    1. Know the laws in your state.
    2. Know the laws in your state.
    3. Know the laws in your state.
    3a. Know the laws in your state, and any special subdivisions of the state you may visit... (like NY state vs. NY City) *
    4. Know the laws in any other state you plan to visit before you go.
    5. Understand "Reasonable Man" as it applies legally in all of the above.
    6. Now you can start talking about actually strapping one on... and all the accoutrement...
    6a. Gun safety Gun safety Gun safety
    7. Force on force laws.
    7a. Now, maybe you can actually strap one on and go for a walk.
    8. Now you can start training on draw, sight picture, getting off the x, and all the other "tactics."

*special note: our state has preemption (and so may yours)... our Attorney General has issued an opinion that counties and municipalities need not pay any attention to that... and I don't have the funds nor the inclination to be the test case, even the winning one.

+1 but............shooting proficiency should be up there as number one. When I went to my cc class I'd been shooting IDPA, steel silhouette, Police marksman training, 3 gun tactical for years. It scared the hell out of me to see people pass the class that will end up shooting themselves or innocent bystanders because of their lack of proficiency with a handgun.
    Redline and Miketrance like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    A frank and in-depth discussion of "disparity of force" issues. Coupled with a frank discussion about the legalities of shooting an unarmed opponent.
    Your being mean, I like it....LOL...

How the "cant" of the holster can help or hurt printing. I carry a Springfield Champion SS 1911 with a 15 degree cant and have printing when I bend over. My IWB holster I'm waiting on will have a 25 degree cant for my Para Black Ops 1911 with a 5 inch barrel. A good gun belt.Shirt's that work best. Thar was easy for me, I either wear t-shirt's or a polo shirt and the polo work's the best. I was told because of my size 5'6 145 lbs that I couldn't carry a big gun and conceal it. Rechambering round's .My only issue was the shirt.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Seasonal carry options, bullet weight and caliber for warm and cold weather to defeat heavy or light clothing.

gun class, first aid,whats in your range bag,reloading,

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    In this day and age I think would forego something like that even if you are dead on. What if for example Zimmerman saw a video like that and said that is why he thought his actions were appropriate. I would hate to leave myself open to a lawsuit from either party.

Training, practice, and muscle memory...why it's important.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links