What is Wisconsin's law on printing?

This is a discussion on What is Wisconsin's law on printing? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read the laws and must have skipped over it or maybe its just not there? I'm fairly new to cc and pocket carry my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is Wisconsin's law on printing?

  1. #1
    Member Array CARRY365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    68

    What is Wisconsin's law on printing?

    I've read the laws and must have skipped over it or maybe its just not there?
    I'm fairly new to cc and pocket carry my p32 alot. When I sit it prints so I usually throw something else in there.
    Pleaase post if you know the rule on this in Wisconsin.
    Thanks

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member
    Array discoboxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by CARRY365 View Post
    I've read the laws and must have skipped over it or maybe its just not there?
    I'm fairly new to cc and pocket carry my p32 alot. When I sit it prints so I usually throw something else in there.
    Pleaase post if you know the rule on this in Wisconsin.
    Thanks
    I don't believe there is anything in the law that discusses "printing". If so, i would be interested in it as well. Open-carry is legal, so I would think it's a non-issue?
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,047
    I believe that printing is only an issue in non-open carry states...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

  5. #4
    Nam
    Nam is offline
    Member Array Nam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mfld.Wisconsin
    Posts
    33
    So long as you not be printing $10. $20. $50. or $100. dollar bills you should be ok.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    Technically It's no big deal in W.I. I'm sure if you print in or near one of the liberal anti gun city's and get one of the spineless citizens attention they will run to the nearest propaganda office and report you. Expect to be interrogated and potentially sent to one of the union re education camps. As long as your carrying your permit your fine.
    jrclen and sid1 like this.

  7. #6
    Member Array eeeZnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Location, Location
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Nam View Post
    So long as you not be printing $10. $20. $50. or $100. dollar bills you should be ok.
    Seriously?! ;)
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

  8. #7
    Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,387
    Quote Originally Posted by CARRY365 View Post
    I've read the laws and must have skipped over it or maybe its just not there?
    I'm fairly new to cc and pocket carry my p32 alot. When I sit it prints so I usually throw something else in there.
    Pleaase post if you know the rule on this in Wisconsin.
    Thanks
    According to this Wisconsin State website OPEN CARRY is legal.

    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf

    So "printing" is a non-issue.

    I suggest you become more Familiar with your state laws - As all of us who carry legally should .
    .
    marcclarke likes this.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

    know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

    "If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array marcclarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Loveland, Colorado USA
    Posts
    742
    The issue with printing goes like this. You are shopping at Walmart. You are standing the checkout line. The sharp-eyed little old lady in line behind you sees your gun printing through your shirt. She speed-dials 911 on her cell phone and screams, "There's a man with a gun about to rob the Walmart!" and then faints and falls to the floor, breaking her hip and striking her head on the floor and suffering a concussion.

    Police officers rapidly respond. The Walmart is evacuated. News crews rapidly respond to the reports of a robbery and evacuation at the local Walmart. You are thrown to the floor by four burly SWAT team members. One of the burly SWAT officers stands on your head while you are handcuffed. Other shoppers take videos of your take-down and arrest with their cell phones and instantly post their videos to YouTube and Facebook, clearly showing your face so Facebook's facial recognition algorithms can automatically "tag" your photos and identify you for your future prospective employers to find. The local news crew gets a great shot of you being dragged out the door of the Walmart in handcuffs, surrounded by large surly SWAT officers. The local news channel runs the video on the 10:00 news. You are hauled off to the police station. You are photographed and processed. Your weapon is seized and placed into police evidence. Eventually someone figures out that you have a valid CCW license. Your arrest is downgraded from brandishing a weapon and attempted robbery to simply disturbing the peace and reckless endangerment (of the little old lady). You are released on bail. The police retain your weapon as evidence. The local anti-gun District Attorney decides to make an example of you to boost his/her run for higher elected office.

    Your neighbors see the news video of your arrest. Your boss sees the news video of your arrest. Your boss leaves you a voice mail letting you know that he has fired you. Your neighbors shun you and your wife. Someone slashes the tires of your car parked in your driveway.

    You eventually get to go to court, spend lots of money on your lawyer, are found guilty of disturbing the peace (after all, you did disturb the little old lady, and she was very happy to come to your hearing and your trial in a wheel chair to testify what a terrible person you are, and judges and juries love the testimony of little old ladies in wheel chairs). Your weapon remains in the police evidence locker while the anti-gun District Attorney works to figure out some statute under which your seized weapon can be legally retained and destroyed. You get to pay the little old lady's medical bills for her ambulance ride and treatment of her concussion and broken hip and her prolonged convalescence from her broken hip.


    So, sure, whether you print or not is your choice. What could possibly go wrong?

  10. #9
    New Member Array Moels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    The issue with printing goes like this. You are shopping at Walmart. You are standing the checkout line. The sharp-eyed little old lady in line behind you sees your gun printing through your shirt. She speed-dials 911 on her cell phone and screams, "There's a man with a gun about to rob the Walmart!" and then faints and falls to the floor, breaking her hip and striking her head on the floor and suffering a concussion.

    Police officers rapidly respond. The Walmart is evacuated. News crews rapidly respond to the reports of a robbery and evacuation at the local Walmart. You are thrown to the floor by four burly SWAT team members. One of the burly SWAT officers stands on your head while you are handcuffed. Other shoppers take videos of your take-down and arrest with their cell phones and instantly post their videos to YouTube and Facebook, clearly showing your face so Facebook's facial recognition algorithms can automatically "tag" your photos and identify you for your future prospective employers to find. The local news crew gets a great shot of you being dragged out the door of the Walmart in handcuffs, surrounded by large surly SWAT officers. The local news channel runs the video on the 10:00 news. You are hauled off to the police station. You are photographed and processed. Your weapon is seized and placed into police evidence. Eventually someone figures out that you have a valid CCW license. Your arrest is downgraded from brandishing a weapon and attempted robbery to simply disturbing the peace and reckless endangerment (of the little old lady). You are released on bail. The police retain your weapon as evidence. The local anti-gun District Attorney decides to make an example of you to boost his/her run for higher elected office.

    Your neighbors see the news video of your arrest. Your boss sees the news video of your arrest. Your boss leaves you a voice mail letting you know that he has fired you. Your neighbors shun you and your wife. Someone slashes the tires of your car parked in your driveway.

    You eventually get to go to court, spend lots of money on your lawyer, are found guilty of disturbing the peace (after all, you did disturb the little old lady, and she was very happy to come to your hearing and your trial in a wheel chair to testify what a terrible person you are, and judges and juries love the testimony of little old ladies in wheel chairs). Your weapon remains in the police evidence locker while the anti-gun District Attorney works to figure out some statute under which your seized weapon can be legally retained and destroyed. You get to pay the little old lady's medical bills for her ambulance ride and treatment of her concussion and broken hip and her prolonged convalescence from her broken hip.


    So, sure, whether you print or not is your choice. What could possibly go wrong?
    A bit overboard but a good read. I live in WI and try to make sure I don't print. With open carry being legal here as well, technically I could reach for my wallet at the checkout and expose my weapon and still be legal.

    Funny story, I was at my local gas station and a female ( attractive ) bumped into me and asked if that was a gun or if I was excited by her.........I said both, and ended up with a date the next night. :)

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array SFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    757
    The asnwer is simple. You are not responsible for others causing a scene. They are responsible for any costs/issues caused. Why? They are the ones who caused the public disturbance. That is how the state law is worded.

    You may have some issues with the more liberal cities, but the case will get overturned at some point. The current AG has even made public statements emphasizing this, and has vowed to vigorously enforce this particular set of laws. The current AG has even sent letters to all of the DAs in the state reminding them of this fact because of politicians in Milwaukee stating that they would blatantly ignore the law.

    As long as you have your CC permit on you, and for whatever reason you have printing then you are not volating any laws in the state of Wisconsin.

    If you lived in fear like marcclarke's post would suggest, then you might as well be a sheople ignoring the realities of life and die like a true martyr when the time comes. Me, I like to live in reality and deal with what comes my way the best I can as it happens.
    CARRY365 likes this.

  12. #11
    Member Array CARRY365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    According to this Wisconsin State website OPEN CARRY is legal.

    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf

    So "printing" is a non-issue.

    I suggest you become more Familiar with your state laws - As all of us who carry legally should .
    .
    Ya, I read through this doc 6 times and its not mentioned. So in trying to become more familiar with my state laws, I asked here. Thanks.
    discoboxer likes this.

  13. #12
    Member Array CARRY365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    The issue with printing goes like this. You are shopping at Walmart. You are standing the checkout line. The sharp-eyed little old lady in line behind you sees your gun printing through your shirt. She speed-dials 911 on her cell phone and screams, "There's a man with a gun about to rob the Walmart!" and then faints and falls to the floor, breaking her hip and striking her head on the floor and suffering a concussion.

    Police officers rapidly respond. The Walmart is evacuated. News crews rapidly respond to the reports of a robbery and evacuation at the local Walmart. You are thrown to the floor by four burly SWAT team members. One of the burly SWAT officers stands on your head while you are handcuffed. Other shoppers take videos of your take-down and arrest with their cell phones and instantly post their videos to YouTube and Facebook, clearly showing your face so Facebook's facial recognition algorithms can automatically "tag" your photos and identify you for your future prospective employers to find. The local news crew gets a great shot of you being dragged out the door of the Walmart in handcuffs, surrounded by large surly SWAT officers. The local news channel runs the video on the 10:00 news. You are hauled off to the police station. You are photographed and processed. Your weapon is seized and placed into police evidence. Eventually someone figures out that you have a valid CCW license. Your arrest is downgraded from brandishing a weapon and attempted robbery to simply disturbing the peace and reckless endangerment (of the little old lady). You are released on bail. The police retain your weapon as evidence. The local anti-gun District Attorney decides to make an example of you to boost his/her run for higher elected office.

    Your neighbors see the news video of your arrest. Your boss sees the news video of your arrest. Your boss leaves you a voice mail letting you know that he has fired you. Your neighbors shun you and your wife. Someone slashes the tires of your car parked in your driveway.

    You eventually get to go to court, spend lots of money on your lawyer, are found guilty of disturbing the peace (after all, you did disturb the little old lady, and she was very happy to come to your hearing and your trial in a wheel chair to testify what a terrible person you are, and judges and juries love the testimony of little old ladies in wheel chairs). Your weapon remains in the police evidence locker while the anti-gun District Attorney works to figure out some statute under which your seized weapon can be legally retained and destroyed. You get to pay the little old lady's medical bills for her ambulance ride and treatment of her concussion and broken hip and her prolonged convalescence from her broken hip.


    So, sure, whether you print or not is your choice. What could possibly go wrong?
    I think you watch to much TV!!! lol

  14. #13
    Member Array CARRY365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    The asnwer is simple. You are not responsible for others causing a scene. They are responsible for any costs/issues caused. Why? They are the ones who caused the public disturbance. That is how the state law is worded.

    You may have some issues with the more liberal cities, but the case will get overturned at some point. The current AG has even made public statements emphasizing this, and has vowed to vigorously enforce this particular set of laws. The current AG has even sent letters to all of the DAs in the state reminding them of this fact because of politicians in Milwaukee stating that they would blatantly ignore the law.

    As long as you have your CC permit on you, and for whatever reason you have printing then you are not volating any laws in the state of Wisconsin.

    If you lived in fear like marcclarke's post would suggest, then you might as well be a sheople ignoring the realities of life and die like a true martyr when the time comes. Me, I like to live in reality and deal with what comes my way the best I can as it happens.
    Thankyou very much sir!

  15. #14
    Member Array Doubledown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    The issue with printing goes like this. You are shopping at Walmart. You are standing the checkout line. The sharp-eyed little old lady in line behind you sees your gun printing through your shirt. She speed-dials 911 on her cell phone and screams, "There's a man with a gun about to rob the Walmart!" and then faints and falls to the floor, breaking her hip and striking her head on the floor and suffering a concussion.

    Police officers rapidly respond. The Walmart is evacuated. News crews rapidly respond to the reports of a robbery and evacuation at the local Walmart. You are thrown to the floor by four burly SWAT team members. One of the burly SWAT officers stands on your head while you are handcuffed. Other shoppers take videos of your take-down and arrest with their cell phones and instantly post their videos to YouTube and Facebook, clearly showing your face so Facebook's facial recognition algorithms can automatically "tag" your photos and identify you for your future prospective employers to find. The local news crew gets a great shot of you being dragged out the door of the Walmart in handcuffs, surrounded by large surly SWAT officers. The local news channel runs the video on the 10:00 news. You are hauled off to the police station. You are photographed and processed. Your weapon is seized and placed into police evidence. Eventually someone figures out that you have a valid CCW license. Your arrest is downgraded from brandishing a weapon and attempted robbery to simply disturbing the peace and reckless endangerment (of the little old lady). You are released on bail. The police retain your weapon as evidence. The local anti-gun District Attorney decides to make an example of you to boost his/her run for higher elected office.

    Your neighbors see the news video of your arrest. Your boss sees the news video of your arrest. Your boss leaves you a voice mail letting you know that he has fired you. Your neighbors shun you and your wife. Someone slashes the tires of your car parked in your driveway.

    You eventually get to go to court, spend lots of money on your lawyer, are found guilty of disturbing the peace (after all, you did disturb the little old lady, and she was very happy to come to your hearing and your trial in a wheel chair to testify what a terrible person you are, and judges and juries love the testimony of little old ladies in wheel chairs). Your weapon remains in the police evidence locker while the anti-gun District Attorney works to figure out some statute under which your seized weapon can be legally retained and destroyed. You get to pay the little old lady's medical bills for her ambulance ride and treatment of her concussion and broken hip and her prolonged convalescence from her broken hip.


    So, sure, whether you print or not is your choice. What could possibly go wrong?

    You forgot the circling "black" helicopters and the guys in black suits talking into their wrist that drag your family right out of the church service for conspiring with a terrorist. Plus the Wal-Mart cashier that will file the civil suit for PTSD and win $10,000,000 since she now must give up all hopes of ever working again.

    Seriously the reason "printing" is not mentioned is because you do not need to conceal your weapon at all, that has been the law of the land here for at least 30 years that I know of. In fact the only time you need a permit (tax) or "training" is if you wish to wear a winter coat over your holster in the winter, or any other form of concealment. I knew a guy up north that used to strap his pistol belt on over his winter jacket every day. You should have seen some of the reactions when he unbuckled and removed the belt and asked the hostess at a restaurant to "please hold this" as he took his coat off before he sat down for his meal. Some would get terrified looks and hold the thing like a snake with 2 fingers until he got his jacket off and put the belt back on.

  16. #15
    New Member Array oddballswar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    10
    I searched and searched http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf for the definition of concealed and couldn't find it, I know in some states it comes down to their definition of concealed. Funny story marcclarke I laughed pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

concealed carry printing laws
,
http/www.doi.state.wis.us/dies/cib/conceal.carry/concealed-carry
,
printing while concealed carrying in wisconsin
,
wi concealed carry printing
,
wi statutes ccw weopon printing
,

wisconsin ccw printing

,

wisconsin conceal carry printing

,

wisconsin concealed carry printing

,
wisconsin concealed carry printing law details
,
wisconsin gun laws for ptsd
,

wisconsin print ccw

,
wisconsin printing rules
Click on a term to search for related topics.