Carry options for a small person?

This is a discussion on Carry options for a small person? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a glock 23, and applied for a concealed carry permit. I am looking for ways to carry it without ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carry options for a small person?

Carry options for a small person?

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a glock 23, and applied for a concealed carry permit. I am looking for ways to carry it without printing. I am a smaller person (male, about 5'9'', 165 pounds). I usually wear jeans/cargo shorts and a long or short sleeve t-shirt that is pretty form fitting. I tried to put the gun in my waistband tonight, and found the best way to conceal it for me is in the appendix position. Anyone know of a good iwb appendix holster? Also,do you think it is necessary to wear a vest or change my clothes size?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I find a shirt one size larger (either dark colors or prints) hides anything. I never used to buy anything at second hand stores, but it's a great place to inexpensively experiment and try new clothing. Alabama Holster makes a decent appendix Kydex holster, but I much prefer leather for comfort, and reduce wear on the gun.
    I like 3pm IWB carry the best. Safest muzzle direction, easiest draw. Glock 23:

Inexpensive yet comfortable

IWB
    In-The-Pants Holster - Leather - Ace Case

IWB -- Tuckable
    Tuck-able Holster - Leather - Ace Case

The also have a 2 for option with free shipping -- that way you can order 1 IWB and 1 Tuckable
    https://acecase.com/mix-match-leathe...ludes-s-h.html

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Glock 23 small.jpgI carry a glock 23 for EDC at 3 O clock with a crossbreed supertuck holster and belt (you must get a good belt) have never liked appendix carry 6' 210 I always wear cargo shorts or jeans, and tee.. don't buy a vest i says "look at me, I'm carrying" IMHO
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

At the end of the day... just print. It's inevitable. Sheeple will never ever ever know. And it takes a smart BG to know.. and if these guys are such Einsteins... why are they robbing 7/11s? LE should generally leave you alone. Work is a different animal.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

VIP Member
    Zgo. First welcome to the forum.

I tried to put the gun in my waistband tonight, and found the best way to conceal it for me is in the appendix position. Anyone know of a good iwb appendix holster? Also,do you think it is necessary to wear a vest or change my clothes size?

One of the better AIWB holster is the Archangel by Dale Fricke (sp). They are available from One Souce Tactical, Gabe Suarez, and will fill the need. Also look at the Galco J Hook. They are simple direct and to the point.
    AIWB position is extremely comfortable and accessible I carry that way a lot with riding. I carry different weapons systems and use the Galco model for all mine. They are available from several places but I get all mine from LA Police Gear.

I will have to disagree with the above post printing is not inevitable. A handgun can be concealed completely without printing and still be easily available to the user.
    Someone who knows what to look for will notice your firearm. You will need to adjust your clothing somewhat depending on what weapon you are wearing and the location you are carrying it. You do not have to wear a vest a simple button up shirt will work just fine. You may find that when you buy your next set of pants/shorts you may need to go up a size to make sure they fit while wearing your firearm.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

i carry a glock 23 with a mic holster (the string goes around your belt) and a clipdraw. i abdominal carry, and i don't like adding additional bulk to the already bulky thing in my waistband. this system adds virtually no thickness to the glock. all available on amazon for about 40$ total.

oh, in case you were wondering, the clipdraw comes with an aluminum backplate for the glock with the holes drilled and tapped in it already. you don't need to modify your factory plate.

My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

VIP Member
    I for sure wouldn't go AIWB for a first-time ever concealed carry holster for a Glock. That said, the best set-up I have been able to put together for myself includes specific size-larger shirts and pants, a Wilderness Instructor five stitch gun-belt, and Brommeland Max-Con V IWB holsters. The maker of this holster howls every time I mention wearing my strong side holster at 3:00 (he designs them for between 4:00 and 5:00) but it works perfectly for me. The Glock shown in this video is a Glock 19, shown holstered on a 32" waist. The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Before I started carrying I too felt the best way to carry was appendix but got the advice to dress around my weapon. I am 6 foot 200 lbs and discovered I could carry both my M&P 9c and 45c in a Max Tuck IWB at 3 o'clock wearing just my cargo shorts with the belt that came with them and a tank top one size larger and my wife never knew I was carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

i would argue that a mic holster is actually safer on the draw since the trigger stays covered until the muzzle is already pointed away from you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    i would argue that a mic holster is actually safer on the draw since the trigger stays covered until the muzzle is already pointed away from you.
    Argue away.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    What happens if the string breaks? Just sayin'.

There's a reason the vast majority of EDC'ers use holsters, but if it works for you, fantastic.

i replaced my string with 550 paracord. it most certainly is not breaking. but yes. works for me. different strokes. i know there isn't much love for the mic around here.

I know a woman, who is 5'2" tall, thin and curvy , and wears tight clothes, and you could never tell she carries a full size 1911 - .45 cal on her. But, when peoople look at her, they aren't looking for a gun.... LOL.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    My brother-in-law got himself a Remora over a month ago and he shelved his other holster and is liking the Remora. I also am going to be using it (been wearing it around the house doing all sorts of stuff and like it. If you get the non-reinforced top, it takes a little more to reholster but sits flatter against you.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links