Problem/Issues with Printing or Accidental Display TX, OK, AR

This is a discussion on Problem/Issues with Printing or Accidental Display TX, OK, AR within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What kind of issues/problems do you face in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas for printing or accidently displaying your weapon? Iíve read horror stories every once ...

Thread: Problem/Issues with Printing or Accidental Display TX, OK, AR

What kind of issues/problems do you face in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas for printing or accidently displaying your weapon? Iíve read horror stories every once in a while in other places and am getting kind of paranoid about this happening and am probably carrying less effective handguns because of it. Unless your wearing a Smartcarry, there's probably always a chance of this happening.

It’s going to happen once in a while but as long as it is an accident no one will say anything. In Texas there is a provision for branshing to avoid a fight for self defense

I wear a Remora with my Sigma or a CB with my M 17 every day with just a tee shirt every day. Never a problem. No one notices.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

In Oklahoma, you can be fined $500 and loose your ccl.
    Have never read anything about anyone getting nailed, but the law is currently on the books.
    We have an open carry bill working it way thru our legislature.
    From a Marine sniper -- "You can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

In Texas it reads as follows.

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
    Disorderly conduct, when a weapon is involved reads like this.

(7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;(9) discharges a firearm on or across a public road;
    So if you are doing your best to conceal, and it is an inadvertant exposure, ie wind blows shirt up or something you should be fine.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    What kind of issues/problems do you face in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas for printing or accidently displaying your weapon? Iíve read horror stories every once in a while in other places and am getting kind of paranoid about this happening and am probably carrying less effective handguns because of it. Unless your wearing a Smartcarry, there's probably always a chance of this happening.
    Don't make more of this than it is. The old motto of making a mountain out of a molehill is where you are with this thread. I do not know where you are getting your information that has you writing this thread but c'mon---if you look in a mirror and cannot overtly recognize a firearm in a CC position, than you have performed your CC legal requirements. The more you trouble yourself over this, the more probable you will be of getting into some sort of predicament--you will just give off "vibes" and mannerisms that will cause people and LEOs to look at you more closely--even then, you are not obligated to bury the firearm in your pancreas--it is what a reasonable person would do to conceal. Wearing too tight and too see thru or too short, of course, is not what I would consider "reasonable"---just go about being CC and not worry so much.

In Missouri where i live we have open carry as well as concealed for CCW holders. So its no big deal if your sidearm accidently gets uncovered or prints or somebody notices. I conceal to gain the advantage of surprise but i don't spend a whole lot of time freaking out over wether im "spotted" by the general public.I think the answer is for states to allow open carry that way a CCW holder is not under such great pressure to be perfect in their concealment.I improve my concealment carry get up all the time, not because im afraid of the law but because again i prefer the element of surprise should i need to defend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Don't make more of this than it is. The old motto of making a mountain out of a molehill is where you are with this thread. I do not know where you are getting your information that has you writing this thread but c'mon---if you look in a mirror and cannot overtly recognize a firearm in a CC position, than you have performed your CC legal requirements. The more you trouble yourself over this, the more probable you will be of getting into some sort of predicament--you will just give off "vibes" and mannerisms that will cause people and LEOs to look at you more closely--even then, you are not obligated to bury the firearm in your pancreas--it is what a reasonable person would do to conceal. Wearing too tight and too see thru or too short, of course, is not what I would consider "reasonable"---just go about being CC and not worry so much.
    I know that it might might be unnecessary worry but I have read articles or stories of individuals getting arrested and losing their licenses over accidental display of their handgun. I really was just trying to get a feel of how the reactions are in these states since I travel through them a lot. Even above comments seem to indicate in MO it's no issue and in OK it might be. Mine is always well concealed so I'm sure that I'll be ok.

Sponsored Links