Challenge - Page 4

Challenge

This is a discussion on Challenge within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ericb327 it seems quite a few people did look and read. Just sayin. Well, to be fair. The title is Challenge. People ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    it seems quite a few people did look and read. Just sayin.
    Well, to be fair. The title is Challenge. People have to come to see what it is about since the title is not descriptive. The subject matter could have been Coke vs Pepsi for all anybody knew before readings the posts. It is a good topic for those interested. Don't feel like you have to defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    RamboSky:

I like where the OP is going with this and think it's good to see more people encouraging members to look up their state laws.

Honest question, how well does what you learned in the 70s in another region as a police officer relate to current North Carolina code as a civilian?
    Seniority among noobs like honor among thieves! :)

I will say one of my first threads was kinda inflammatory, and I think I would have done it a bit differently in hindsight... Remember that one JD? HEH HEH.

Quote Originally Posted by rambosky View Post
    Sorry, but you are a newbee with no history. I was taught the use of deadly force back in 1970 at the Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department's new Police Academy. It was built by funds requested by Richard Nixon with his "War on Crime" bill focusing on our nations capital. At that time it was second in size to only the LA Police Academy.

So my challenge to you: How old were you in 1970? When did you first learn about the use of deadly force? And..... how much training have you had with handguns? Thanks in advance for your qualifications to be asking this board that question.
    Ex Member ??? He went to the special opps team?

It is a very good idea to read and understand the local gun laws. I have talked to some people who don't understand our Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws. They think you can shoot someone just because they broke into your house. According to a DA, you have to have a reasonable expectation that you are in (serious) danger, and that the danger is immediate. The reasonable and immediate is why you could go to court and have to convince a jury.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links