Challenge

This is a discussion on Challenge within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading a few threads here I have come to the conclusion that a few people don't know or care what the laws of use ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Challenge

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar

Challenge

After reading a few threads here I have come to the conclusion that a few people don't know or care what the laws of use of physical deadly force are in there state. Do you? My challenge is to post the use of physical deadly force for your state or just go find it and read it. I think you'll be surprised at what you find!
    NH_Esau likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    After reading a few threads here I have come to the conclusion that a few people don't know or care what the laws of use of physical deadly force are in there state. Do you? My challenge is to post the use of physical deadly force for your state or just go find it and read it. I think you'll be surprised at what you find!
    Sorry, but I need to see more than seventeen posts before I start accepting homework assignments.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

2305. Justifiable homicide

If a person kills or wounds another under any of the circumstances enumerated below, he or she shall be guiltless:

(1) In the just and necessary defense of his or her own life or the life of his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, sister, master, mistress, servant, guardian or ward; or

(2) In the suppression of a person attempting to commit murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, burglary or robbery, with force or violence; or

(3) In the case of a civil officer; or a military officer or private soldier when lawfully called out to suppress riot or rebellion, or to prevent or suppress invasion, or to assist in serving legal process, in suppressing opposition against him or her in the just and necessary discharge of his or her duty. (Amended 1983, No. 23, 2.)

The Vermont Statutes Online

I love a good challenge.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Sorry, but I need to see more than seventeen posts before I start accepting homework assignments.
    Hey, it's a lot better than somebody using their first post to post a long story sometimes made up story about how they had to use their weapon.
    Badey, MadMac, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Hey, it's a lot better than somebody using their first post to post a long story sometimes made up story about how they had to use their weapon.

Wait, you're saying that you don't believe the stories where newbies have used their [insert multiple weapons of choice] to mow down hordes of gang members attempting to take over the world?? I've personally had that happen twice! You won't read about it in the news though; the CIA hushed it up.
    Okemo and Paymeister like this.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

....or the n00bs who post how they were almost killed, and tell the story of how they reached for their Roscoe when they saw someone who had dreadlocks standing near the convenience store...
    Okemo and bentol888 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Not homework, challenge! Maybe you could give newbies some topic suggestions since we don't have anything to offer other than what's your favorite carry gun? Exactly how many posts before we are welcome here?

Though I agree with your statement as far as it pertains to certain people I find it personally offensive for anyone, 17 posts or 17000, to assume I will be suprised by reading the laws of my state. The is very presumptuous of you to assume most do not know what the use of deadly force is.
    And to fault someones interpretation of a states law in a scenario is also presumptuous considering DA's have problems sorting it out sometimes. And I have enough to do with my spare time than to re read the laws of my state to satisy you that I know what I am doing.

Not homework, challenge! Maybe you could give newbies some topic suggestions since we don't have anything to offer other than what's your favorite carry gun? Exactly how many posts before we are welcome here?
    No offence meant by anyone (at least not by me). I'm relatively new here myself.

I think that many of the people here know their use of force laws for their state, BUT, I do think that most people who carry DO NOT. I currently do not have time to post my state's laws, as I am getting ready to leave for the day, but I will post them tomorrow.

I think encouraging everyone to know the law is good.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Trust me, you'll need thick skin. Lots and lots of opinions and personalities. EVEN I have been accused of being a bit short with people. Do you believe it? ME?! I have several more layers of skin than I did a few months ago AND several threads closed because of my actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I think encouraging everyone to know the law is good.
    That's the way I read the challenge, and I think that's a good thing.
    Old School and First Sgt like this.

My comment was a Few people don't know or care. Not meant to offend but I see members lecturing other members to do their own research which is what I challenged people to do. The message I'm getting is keep your mouth shut till we accept you. I get it!

Oh how everybody turns up the heat to prove my point.

Welcome to the group Eric

I take no offense to this post. Just keep in mind that no matter what the law says, be ready to hire a good lawyer and be presumed guilty. Lets not live in the fantasy that the law is the law and politics, money and the media coverage of the event does not come into play.
    MadMac likes this.

You are welcome here from the beginning. I think what has raised some of the comments is your apparent presumption that people here don't knows the laws of their respective states. Once you have been around for awhile, and have read a whole lot more posts, I think you'll come to realize that there are a lot more knowledgeable people here than you appear to assume at this time. You shouldn't be offended that some old timers are slightly put off by a noob presuming they don't know the firearms laws of their, and in many cases, several other states as well! If you do a little searching, I think you'll learn that many discussions and links to various state's laws have been posted here in the past, and we don't need a noob to "challenge" us to repost them here now!
    Stubborn and Doodle like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links