Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet? - Page 3

Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet?

This is a discussion on Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ours in Wisconsin are plastic cards (much like credit cards), the same as our Driver Licenses, and I keep my CCW card right under my ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet?

Ours in Wisconsin are plastic cards (much like credit cards), the same as our Driver Licenses, and I keep my CCW card right under my D.L. so they can both come out at the same time if requested by an LEO.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    I have bought a new wallet within the past year, FYI, it is the first "front pocket wallet" that I ever had.

Anyway, it has a window on the front that displays my Driver's License. I place my CHP right behind my DL. I find myself concerned with covering up my CHP with my hand whenever I have someone (usually a clerk in a retail store) requesting to see my DL, outside of its display window.

Do you place your DL and your permit in similar proximity or do you arrange it differently?

Same here, mine is right behind my CDL.

I have a front pocket wallet which opens and displays a dedicated ID window where my DL is. the bulk of the wallet has a large pocket, my permit is at the very back of the pocket so I can grab it quickly. Once in a while I need to see ID and on 2 occaisions I've have people hand me their permit. One I don't think realized it and the other handed it to me along with his DL. Luckily for them their secret is safe with me. My wife who does not have a permit says it's like a badge of honor and shouldn't be so hidden. I agree I'm somewhat "special" because I guess forked over the money for it but I don't need to advertise.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk. I have a front pocket wallet as well and my permit is behind my military id and my dl

Still in the white protective sleve it's mailed in right behind my drivers license...
    S&W 640-3

Next to my NRA card.

I keep it in a side slot for credit cards. I don't want anyone to see it when I take my driver's license out. That is not because I'm paranoid some BG will see it. It's so it will not freak people out when I am handing them my lic in doctors' offices, grocery stores, etc. Doesn't happen very often but still...

My wife got me the NRA Buckhide Wallet. DL and Pistol Permit are in the removal insert.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

My wallet doesn't have windows, just a regular folder with the two card compartments on each side when you open it, bigger place behind each one of those. I keep mine in the same slot as my DL, as it is a loose fit and this keeps it from falling out.

I also keep it turned away so all someone else could ever see is the black strip on the back if they stole a glance. I don't want to advertise I have a carry permit by showing it off. That is what my blatant printing is for.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Slow night?
    My thoughts as well. Does anyone keep it backward so that the retail clerks don't notice that you're CCwing? What about upside down for similar reasons?

I keep mine in a card pocket in my wallet.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I have mine in the same place, but I have my CC in front of my DL, I don't want it getting worn down so you can't see the writing on it.

(when I need my DL I pull it out from behind it, no one can really see the permit even if I pull my wallet out of my pocket)
    funny mine is the same way! must be a Wisconsin thing!

Behind the condom I stuck in there back in 1974,I figure the odds of needing them are about the same
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    My CHL is behind my Dl also but seperate from my State ID card that I access for all of my identification needs. Other than traffic stops of course.
    During traffic stops the LEO gets the DL and the CHL at the same time.

I keep my CHL,DL and proof on insurance together, tucked away in its own compartment in my wallet. That way, the LEO gets it all at once.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Behind the condom I stuck in there back in 1974,I figure the odds of needing them are about the same
    that's about it for me as well. mine is just in my wallet someplace.

Right behind my driver's license. In this state DL and CHCL are considered to be one document when handed over to jurisdiction.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links