Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet? - Page 5

Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet?

This is a discussion on Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never gave it much thought but mine is a tri-fold w/credit card slots on the right and left flap and a clear ID spot ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Location Of Your Permit In Your Wallet?

I never gave it much thought but mine is a tri-fold w/credit card slots on the right and left flap and a clear ID spot in the middle. CHL is right behind the DL as well.
    I guess great minds really do think alike.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Yep with your DL and don't foget to hand it to an officer that may stop you at the same time you provide your DL.

Whatever you do don't say "I have a gun"
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    Yep with your DL and don't foget to hand it to an officer that may stop you at the same time you provide your DL.

Whatever you do don't say "I have a gun"
    In Ohio, we don't have much time to get to the "I am carrying a firearm" part before being subject to a charge.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I keep mine in the pocket behind my DL, also with a copy of my FFL-03. But I also use a nylon tri-fold for my Hunting/fishing Lic. in my other back pocket, that also has a custom design CCL badge, which when flipped open and tucked into my waistband, if I stop a criminal in the act, it is in plain sight when the Police arrive on the scene, while my gun is pointed at the bad guy, fired or not. Just a little extra insurance. My badge is a gold plated, circle-star, (U.S. Marshal) type, engraved on top w/ Concealed Carry License, and on bottom of
    ring, Lic. # and (my town) PD.

Semper Fi !

Ski

Pull the DL & CCW permit out @ the same time- TELL THEM you have a CCW-and where the weapon is...

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTankerSki View Post
    I keep mine in the pocket behind my DL, also with a copy of my FFL-03. But I also use a nylon tri-fold for my Hunting/fishing Lic. in my other back pocket, that also has a custom design CCL badge, which when flipped open and tucked into my waistband, if I stop a criminal in the act, it is in plain sight when the Police arrive on the scene, while my gun is pointed at the bad guy, fired or not. Just a little extra insurance. My badge is a gold plated, circle-star, (U.S. Marshal) type, engraved on top w/ Concealed Carry License, and on bottom of
    Semper Fi !

Ski
    Seriously?

If so, I'm sending out for more popcorn!

catherine-and-andrew-furze-say-there-has-been-huge-demand-for-their-savoury-popcorn-467770552.jpg

Protip: always check the forum stickies. Look up on the page a few notches and you'll see a sticky thread on CHL badges.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar

Semper Fi !

Ski
    Oh Boy.

Small word of advise, if you catch a criminal in the act and your life is not in danger, please keep your badge in your pocket (better yet, at home) and instead of using your gun use your cell phone to call the police.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member

Semper Fi !

Ski
    Sixty-some posts on this thread, and finally one which is making some real sense. Do you have one of those CCW sashes, in case a first responder approaches you from behind and doesn't see your badge?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!

Sorry 1stTankerSki I am not trying to be a smarta-- but those badges are seriously lame.

Sounds like you have all the right stuff: CCW permit, FFL etc. so please dump the badge.

I suspect that an approaching cop is not going to look to care if you have a toy badge or not. He will have you drop your weapon and
    assume the position. If you don't comply immediately good luck!!

@ Mike1956

That's what you get for living in a state that was a key in putting Obama in office.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'd be more concerned about having it in my wallet than where.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Front pocket wallet also but behind debit card in card holder not in window with DL but right there if I need it.

Behind my DL and my county ID
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Seriously?

If so, I'm sending out for more popcorn!

catherine-and-andrew-furze-say-there-has-been-huge-demand-for-their-savoury-popcorn-467770552.jpg

Protip: always check the forum stickies. Look up on the page a few notches and you'll see a sticky thread on CHL badges.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Oh Boy.

Small word of advise, if you catch a criminal in the act and your life is not in danger, please keep your badge in your pocket (better yet, at home) and instead of using your gun use your cell phone to call the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Sixty-some posts on this thread, and finally one which is making some real sense. Do you have one of those CCW sashes, in case a first responder approaches you from behind and doesn't see your badge?
    Go ahead make fun! MadMac

Both AZJD1968 and Mike1956,

I live in a small town, the town Police, and County Sheriff, know me from the VFW, and know me from being a past President of the VVA Chapter. They know me on the pistol range, they know I'm a FFL-03 collector.
    And they knew I stopped a robbery at gun point at a small Mom & Pop store, and Pop made the 911 call, while the punk was on the floor, after my gun was in his back, and he placed his gun on the counter, by my orders. And I was the first responder, with my badge tucked in my waist. It's called Citizen Arrest!

And I don't take crap from any punks! They just make my day!

Semper Fi Boy's !

1st Tanker Ski, Hoo Rah!
    "The U.S. Marine Corps did not train me to die for my Country, they trained me so my Enemy will die for his!"

"It is best to be Armed, and not need to use, than be Unarmed when you need to use one !"

NRA -Life, USMC VTA -Life, VFW -Life, NW. MCTA -Life;
    Grandpa -Life

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Go ahead make fun! MadMac

Both AZJD1968 and Mike1956,

I live in a small town, the town Police, and County Sheriff, know me from the VFW, and know me from being a past President of the VVA Chapter. They know me on the pistol range, they know I'm a FFL-03 collector.
    And they knew I stopped a robbery at gun point at a small Mom & Pop store, and Pop made the 911 call, while the punk was on the floor, after my gun was in his back, and he placed his gun on the counter, by my orders. And I was the first responder, with my badge tucked in my waist. It's called Citizen Arrest!

And I don't take crap from any punks! They just make my day!

Semper Fi Boy's !

1st Tanker Ski, Hoo Rah!
    I'm glad to hear that all the LEO in your town know you and you get along. Because of that I especially fail to see the need for the badge. You can make citizens arrest without it.

With that said, you are free to flash your badge whenever you want to and who am I to tell you you can't. I was just giving my advice. I'm glad it works for you.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links