Ideas for concealed carry on Bicycles

This is a discussion on Ideas for concealed carry on Bicycles within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a long distance bicycle rider, i commute to work at 3 am on a road bicycle or on my touring bicycle to train ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ideas for concealed carry on Bicycles

Ideas for concealed carry on Bicycles

I am a long distance bicycle rider, i commute to work at 3 am on a road bicycle or on my touring bicycle to train for marathon rides. I'm just looking for ideas on how others bicycle ride concealed. I currently use a fanypac & it works fine but the draw time is very poor. I carry a commander size 1911 E series in a 45. I'm just exploring options or ideas

2. Remove Ads

I use a little trek triangle looking pack that straps on the top corner of the frame close to the seat... right above where the upright water bottle is.

like this:

They make chest holsters. And even pouches that sit on your chest. I will try to find the links after I get my morning coffee. in me.

VIP Member
    I wear my Brommeland Max-Con V and carry my Glock 19 when riding. No issues.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    maybe a smaller gun with a bellyband. I tried the bellyband with my sig p232 in the late 90s in Chicago. I do remember it being quite uncomfortable in the summer. Unfortunately there aren't many options if you're worried about printing.
    oneshot likes this.

then there is a kangaroo carry or belly band

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    maybe a smaller gun with a bellyband. I tried the bellyband with my sig p232 in the late 90s in Chicago. I do remember it being quite uncomfortable in the summer. Unfortunately there aren't many options if you're worried about printing.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

Smart carry with a LC9 or smaller.(LCP) or the like.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I agree with some of the above! Belly band works great with my m&p 9c. Very inexpensive with a decent draw time. Also if you get the right type you can carry your extra magazine using the belly band. Just don't be doing any x games style backflips and you should be fine.
    Conceal Carry
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    Rock River Arms 6.8 SPC
    Taurus Millennium Pro 140

Loose fitting jacket with a shoulder holster? Gun SIZE is your problem. A Map case strapped to the bike with top flap left loose and a holster fitted inside to keep it upright would cut down on draw time...flip it open, draw it out. Zippers tend to get STUCK when I need them to work the most and that's just on my jackets!

Nylon belt and an OWB holster? Thats what I do when I ride since I'm typically in basketball shorts, although it is no problem to OC because Pennsylvania and West Virginia are open carry states.

Here is one idea. I thought there was a safepacker rig for bicycles as well, unless I am just getting the names confused. I'll look around a bit more I know there is one like this that rides on your chest.

Safepacker Runner's Pack: Tactical Gear, Tactical Equipment, Duty Belts, Slings, USA

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I like the Kit Bag/chest rig Hill People Gear put out. The only issue I have with this pack is they refuse to include a internal modular holster mount, so the handgun is loose inside the concealed pocket. They aren't a tactical gear company and I guess don't understand the need to have the handgun in the exact same spot on each draw for a repeatable presentation; I'm sure a savvy CCW'er could rig something up.

I wouldn't CCW with this bag without something like a MIC or Dale Fricke Zac. trigger guard holster over a striker fired gun and I believe the newer models do have an anchor point for these holsters.

I'm not a big fan of off body carry in most circumstances and would rather have a firearm on me than attached to my bike.
    Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers

Take a look at the Tactipac or FusionPac at tactipac.com I don't own one myself, I just discovered them recently looking at CC options for the spouse.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Cargo shorts (no lycra for me) and an LCP in a wallet holster in the left hip pocket.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links