CC and Alcohol

This is a discussion on CC and Alcohol within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If we go out for dinner, I have never worried about having a beer with my dinner...it's not that often...I'm always armed....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: CC and Alcohol

If we go out for dinner, I have never worried about having a beer with my dinner...it's not that often...I'm always armed.
    goldshellback likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

I happen to be a non drinker just not for me. Strange I know so it is not an issue.
    IMO drinking does not mix well with weapons,Motorcycles ,cars, ATV's and watercraft.
    The world has just gotten to crowed. There was a time it was not as big a deal as it can be today.
    I am sure most shooting do not happen over a friend having a beer on the way home but there must be a line somewhere.
    zonker1986 likes this.

I find my accuracy goes way down with alcohol consumption. Except for tequila. Then I'm a damn voodoo marksman. I can't explain it, except in Spanish.
    zonker1986 and RonCo like this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Moderation is key. Do not stop living life because of your CC....
    One problem Harry, at least in SC. You are not allowed to CC in a place of business that serves alcohol. You are CC so that may not be much if you do not mind breaking the law on CC, but, and it is a big "but", should you get into a "what if", questions will be asked about where you were etal and I would love to hear the explanation of how you happen to have a firearm on your person when you were never allowed to CC in the bar that you came from. If someone should actually be injured or killed by your CC, you are now eligible for the poor house because you are big time liable.
    Many threads and replies on drinking and CC--my take is that if 08 is the limit on driving (which can also kill), than 08 should be the limit on CC--go over, you lose your CC and, as I said before, even if it is not SC, you lose big time on liability should you use your firearm and cause an injury or death.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    One problem Harry, at least in SC. You are not allowed to CC in a place of business that serves alcohol. You are CC so that may not be much if you do not mind breaking the law on CC, but, and it is a big "but", should you get into a "what if", questions will be asked about where you were etal and I would love to hear the explanation of how you happen to have a firearm on your person when you were never allowed to CC in the bar that you came from. If someone should actually be injured or killed by your CC, you are now eligible for the poor house because you are big time liable.
    Many threads and replies on drinking and CC--my take is that if 08 is the limit on driving (which can also kill), than 08 should be the limit on CC--go over, you lose your CC and, as I said before, even if it is not SC, you lose big time on liability should you use your firearm and cause an injury or death.
    Kel, I do not think you understood my post. Let me clear it up. If your going to go out and drink, leave the gun at home and enjoy your life. If you are at home enjoying a few adult beverages then carry on. Really simple.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I find my accuracy goes way down with alcohol consumption. Except for tequila. Then I'm a damn voodoo marksman. I can't explain it, except in Spanish.
    I think you are describing the difference between "defensive pistol" and "cowboy action" shooting.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Here in wisconsin it is zero alcohol when carrying, and with summer coming the state is full of outdoor activities so everywhere you go seems to serve alcohol, so it's not hard to be around it or run into someone that as been drinking. The potential problems I do see is some intoxicated person with beer muscles getting hurt by someone that is carrying. I dont drink anymore, but I could see the poor judgement calls made by someone that has been drinking.

I haven't looked into the law concerning drinking and carrying in KY much but as I recall it's zero if you conceal and .08 for open carry. Either way, I have been conditioned to believe that guns and alcohol don't mix. I love craft beer, and I live in Kentucky so it goes without saying that I like bourbon but before I take the first sip of any alcoholic beverage- the gun gets locked up.

RKM
    CC has never stopped me from having a drink or two. I rarely, if ever drink to get drunk like I did years ago.... and I'm only 25.

Any any state I believe your personal your personal liability goes up if there is shooting when alcohol is involved. Much more difficult to sway a jury when you give "ammo" to the opposing lawyer.

I personally will not drink in public while carrying, I don't handle firearms after a beer or two at home, just a personal decision.

I drink beer! Root and Birch!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Yep. If you're a big boy/girl and know what your limits and capabilities are then carry on with your life. If you can't control yourself or have a general tendancy to do stupid things either before or after you have a drink, then you might want to reconsider lots of things, drinking and CC both, maybe some others as well.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Here's what it is for us in MI:

1. An individual licensed to carry a concealed pistol shall not possess a concealed pistol on their person or motor vehicle while they have any bodily alcohol content (.02 bodily alcohol content [BAC] or above) or a controlled substance.*

2. Acceptance of a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) constitutes implied consent to submit to a chemical test for violations of this law.

3. A police officer who has probable cause to believe an individual is carrying a concealed pistol and has consumed alcohol may require a chemical test of breath, blood, or urine.

4. An individual carrying a concealed pistol with any BAC is subject to immediate seizure of their pistol and the following penalties:

BAC of .02 - .07 = State civil infraction, $100 fine, and up to 1-year CPL license revocation.
    BAC of .08 - .09 = 93-day misdemeanor, $100 fine, and up to 3-year CPL license revocation.
    BAC of .10 or more = 93-day misdemeanor, $100 fine, and permanent CPL license revocation.

* This does not prohibit an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol who has any bodily alcohol content from transporting that pistol in the locked trunk of his or her motor vehicle or another motor vehicle in which he or she is a passenger or, if the vehicle does not have a trunk, from transporting that pistol unloaded in a locked compartment or container that is separated from the ammunition for that pistol or on a vessel if the pistol is transported unloaded in a locked compartment or container that is separated from the ammunition for that pistol.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

I agree, but just to reiterate, ZERO tolerance! Zero Alcohol when carrying!!! I'm sure this is law in most, if not all, states. Don't risk your safety or CCW!!!

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    I agree, but just to reiterate, ZERO tolerance! Zero Alcohol when carrying!!! I'm sure this is law in most, if not all, states. Don't risk your safety or CCW!!!

Ace
    I don't disagree with your POV. But it's not law in many places. Another Cosmo please....for Mr. Hat......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links